Author Topic: SWTOR (specialized) classes vs the better known star wars characters  (Read 5659 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Can we try to stick better known characters (i.e. movies) to the SWTOR classes en specializations?
Or lesser known characters (books, lore).

Might not be a character for every specialized class.
And probably some silly suggestions in the first draft below.

Will update first post as comments and additions come up.

THE GALACTIC REPUBLIC

• Jedi Knight

Guardian
- Qui Gon Jin?
- Obi Wan Kenobi?
- Luke skywalker?

Sentinel
- ?

--------------------

• Jedi Consular

Sage
- ?

Shadow
- ?

--------------------

• Trooper

Vanguard
- ?

Commando
- ?

--------------------

• Smuggler

Gunslinger
- ?

Scoundrel
- Han Solo?

THE SITH EMPIRE

• Sith Warrior

Juggernaut
- Darth Vader?

Marauder
- ?

--------------------

• Sith Inquisitor

Assassin
- Darth Maul

Sorcerer
- Darth Sidious (The Emperor/Senator Palpatine)?
- Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku)?

--------------------

• Imperial agent

Operative
- ?

Sniper
- ?

--------------------

• Bounty Hunter

Powertech
- Boba Fett?

Mercenary
- Jango Fett

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:44:22 AM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: SWTOR (specialized) classes vs the better known star wars characters
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 10:23:18 AM »
Sith Assasin = Darth Maul

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 10:36:18 AM »
Alright, moved Maul.

How about Cinematics characters?

Satele Shan = Jedi Consular Shadow? (double saber and strong force abilities)
Kao Cen Darach = Jedi Knight Sentinal (he is able to wield a single and double saber at the same time fighting two Sith)
Unidentified smuggler = Smuggler Gunslinger?

Lord Vindican = Sith Inquisitor Assassin or Sorcerer?
Darth Malgus = Sith Warrior Marauder?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »
Leia - Sage (Based on EU Leia)?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 10:41:35 AM »

Are we talking about the well known Leia with the cinnamon rolls?

*Is only familiar with the movies*

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »

Are we talking about the well known Leia with the cinnamon rolls?

*Is only familiar with the movies*

yes in the books she gains rudimentary control of her inherited force abilities
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 11:18:14 AM »
I'd say Yoda was a Sage also.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 11:21:25 AM »
Darth Bane (juggernaut)

Darth Zannah (SOrcerer)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline universal_kalle

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 12:43:40 PM »
Wasn't the Jedi Guardian class modelled after Face Vindaloo.. Mace Vinduu? Samuel L. Jackson's character in the new movies? Or was the the Jedi Sage?
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but ugly is there for everyone to see", Kevin Gilbert (1966-1996)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 12:46:54 PM »
Wasn't the Jedi Guardian class modelled after Face Vindaloo.. Mace Vinduu? Samuel L. Jackson's character in the new movies? Or was the the Jedi Sage?

would be guardian Mace Windu was known for hos saber skills, he invented Vapaad technique, and one of the few light siders who could use his inner darkness to fuel his skills without going over to the dark side.

"Six there were (saber forms) for generations of Jedi. The seventh, is not well-known. Powerful form it is. Deadliest of all. But dangerous it is, for its master as well as its opponent. Few have studied. One student alone, to mastery has risen."
    ?Yoda[

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 12:50:36 PM »
one of the few light siders who could use his inner darkness to fuel his skills without going over to the dark side.

pffft, pansy.

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »

guardian Mace Windu was known for hos saber skills, he invented Vapaad technique

I thought mace windu was just known for bad acting and being a crappy character in the later movies.

laters elv

Offline universal_kalle

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 07:05:57 PM »

guardian Mace Windu was known for hos saber skills, he invented Vapaad technique

I thought mace windu was just known for bad acting and being a crappy character in the later movies.

laters elv

Oh snap! I was totally going to say that! But as a new guy I didn't wanna piss off any deluded person who thinks the new movies are anything but awful ;)
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but ugly is there for everyone to see", Kevin Gilbert (1966-1996)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 07:13:46 PM »

laters elv

Oh snap! I was totally going to say that! But as a new guy I didn't wanna piss off any deluded person who thinks the new movies are anything but awful ;)

nobody here thinks otherwise ;)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 07:15:10 PM »
Don't fuck with the Windu.

His wallet is the one that says 'bad motherfucker' on it.