Author Topic: wish me luck!  (Read 7240 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
wish me luck!
« on: March 21, 2018, 05:10:53 PM »
Wish me luck...
In almost 1 year I will ski one of the largest (if not the largest) ski competition in the world... Also one of the longest at 90km!
So, I'll have to loose a shitload of weight (I'm sadly at around 115kg now :( ) and also gain a lot stamina and strenght.

Also, i've barely ever skied before :) (not with modern skis at least)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: wish me luck!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 10:47:28 AM »
Good luck in preparing for that challengs, sounds like it will be painful but worthwhile.

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 11:52:52 AM »
Good luck remember if you cant stay on your feet your backside is a good alternative. ;D

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 08:51:32 AM »
Tomorrow it starts hehe :) Every time I was going to start trying to train for it I got a cold and have a slight cold now as well so we will se if I survive (and get to finish of course)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 07:14:45 PM »
All the best from dreich Scotland, just get to the finish line.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 03:08:28 PM »
Did you survive!?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 12:54:18 PM »
Did you survive!?

Yes but it was the worst conditions ever probably.
Only got half the way before the "rope" that is they stop everyone who are behind it.

Will try again next year :)