Author Topic: Skirmishes  (Read 22885 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Skirmishes
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 01:43:06 AM »
Skirmish vendors can be found where? (Assuming marks are currency?)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2010, 03:40:45 AM »
Tried checking out skirmish camps?

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2010, 05:12:51 AM »
You find everything related to skirmishes at every skirmish camp :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »
You find everything related to skirmishes at every skirmish camp :)

That actually makes sense.

Especially in the light of day and not the lightof3am

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 05:54:50 PM »
Got a question, I was reading on another gaming forum, and someone mentioned that while its not possible to never use a skirmish npc thingymabob, as there is a need for one in one of the books in volume 3. 

Is this correct?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 06:03:48 PM »
Got a question, I was reading on another gaming forum, and someone mentioned that while its not possible to never use a skirmish npc thingymabob, as there is a need for one in one of the books in volume 3. 

Is this correct?

indeed it is
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 06:25:19 PM »

Is this correct?

indeed it is

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Means I need to skirmish everyone eventually.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2011, 07:12:59 AM »
So, I guess you will get busy then. You should have the first character at Vol 3 about 8 years from now, right? ;)  :P

My intention is to get to volume 3 on my burglar this year. Haven't seen the vol 3 quests so far on any toon. Remains to be seen if I manage to do that :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2011, 07:16:42 AM »
So, I guess you will get busy then. You should have the first character at Vol 3 about 8 years from now, right? ;)  :P

My intention is to get to volume 3 on my burglar this year. Haven't seen the vol 3 quests so far on any toon. Remains to be seen if I manage to do that :D

Book quests are the ONLY part of the game worth playing in my mind, rest is just a useless grindfesting fuck me up the arse boredom.

plus EASY MODE all book quests are soloable.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »

plus EASY MODE all book quests are soloable.

Dont get me started....

(Im still trying to find the parts of Lotr were they all go solo...)

Except Sam v Shelob, and Gandalf v Balrog ofc.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:12:03 AM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2011, 12:34:57 PM »
So it seems I have 431 skirmish marks on Beo.

And I cant recall doing many skirmishes on him, or do these share across an account/server?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »
So it seems I have 431 skirmish marks on Beo.

And I cant recall doing many skirmishes on him, or do these share across an account/server?

nope per character

you get them from doing dungeons and some qs as well these days

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2011, 03:01:39 PM »
The necessity to skirmish came earlier than I had understood.  V2:B6 iirc has several skirmishes (I need to defend the deep way, 21st hall and some other place).

This is terribu.  And I was so enjoying the Epic story in Moria too.

Edit: saying that though, Deep Way was fun alone with my shity skirm npc thingy, although i need to redo it as the stupid Brogur guy died literally 2 swings before the final npc....
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:03:45 PM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2011, 03:44:32 PM »
skirmishes are fun your hatred is unfounded :P

book2 5:5 was indeed made into 3 skirmishes as people like me who had done it the "proper" way before hated it that much, seriously doing it in a pug was horrible when people didnt listen to instructions, that i wouldnt help a pug do it.

but a skirmishes they are fun again :)

wait till later Jon most of the book involves skirmishes in and around the necromancers tower.