Author Topic: Tier 2 Scenarios, any tips for Engineers?  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Tier 2 Scenarios, any tips for Engineers?
« on: October 02, 2008, 07:23:51 AM »
So now played all the tier 2's at least once now I dont have to travel to queue. Anyway was wondering about some tips for us ranged DPS engineers in these scenarios?

Ok so the CTF is easy for a ranged boy, go defensive and setup a turret or as I did last night go for the area effect repeater bolt thrower and just paste everyone from a distance (killed 32 folks doing that last night).

But the Murder Ball is harder as everyones running around like crazy, means the turret is fairly useless and that's a big part of my damage output. Likewise the Stone Troll Crossing is possibly even harder unless I just sit on the pacifier hill defending, again I can rarely get the turret up before everyone legs it.

Hopefully soon get the insta build turret and that wont be an issue but that's still 2 mastery points away yet so goodness knows when that'll be.

Anyway wondered if any of the other Engineers had found any good tactics?

Offline Carrick

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Tier 2 Scenarios, any tips for Engineers?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 05:52:22 PM »
Hi axenar!

I am only level 10 so no adive for T2 senarios.  I was just wondering what stats your are stacking?  I was thinking BS until I read the forums and it seems that BS add very little to grenade damage.  At the minute I am adding toughness/wounds.

Reckon I will go grenadier, which mastery have you chosen so far?

Your fellow spanner wielder, Carrick

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:00:21 PM »
Going down tinkerer as it gives the only healing power of the engineer(group heal at that) and insta build turrets which seems an ace option.

Offline Tharild

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 07:22:04 AM »
Don't know where to start. But the Rifleman mastery seems a bit lackluster, grandier have same the range and on average 30-40% higher dps. Tinkere is very fun but requires you to move with a group much more than grenadier.
Grandier really starts to shine once you get to 18-20. Fraggrenade in MT is devestating. Add in 2 ranged knockdown, 2 ranged knockbacks and 1 ranged interrupt and you can annoy the heck out of large groups of healers.

Turrets don't require LoS to fire at enemies. Place them in rocks, behind walls anywhere out of sight of the enemies to help them live longer.

That's just a few things that come to mind. I really do enjoy the enigneer and think it's a very fun career to play, especially when you play in a group with some decent teamwork but the abbilites that define use doesn't come until t4 so till then it's a bit of a rollercoast.