Author Topic: PQ Contribution  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
PQ Contribution
« on: October 10, 2008, 07:48:36 AM »
Anyone got idea's on how this is calculated?  How contribution is worked out - ie what actions a character should be performing?

For example it seems healers loose out bigtime as that possibly doesnt register as a contribution to the PQ - unless they DPS.

Tanks - its all down to how much we get hit I have heard, so IB/SM's tooling about doing DPS in a PQ may contribute less than those who sword & board it...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Envicta

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: PQ Contribution
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 08:14:08 AM »

I would say its going to be based on Healing / Damage absorbed/done in some weird complex calculation,  with a big include of previous contributution..

I read a post on the Warhammer-alliance forums implying that you get more credit for healing the person who takes the most damage...        Also that the player who absorbs the most damage is rewarded...      So is the person who damages the PQ targets the most...       (*I will dig this out and post it*)

That may explain why as a Warrior-Priest I always do pretty well,   because i'm constantly healing the main tank and hardly anyone else..      I'm also DPSing the main targets and I can tank most of the lesser mobs..      So I win-win-win it seems!

After repeating a PQ 3 times,   I was winning every single PQ due to my previous contributution....

However I have never got anything more than a "Lesser Loot Bag" in any PQ upto Tier-3,   and that is after winning by a large margin!

Dont know if that was on any help :)

Ta,

Invicta

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 08:54:26 AM »
Envicta has it right, I think. As WP it is easy to get high on the contribution list, altough for tanks who Guard each other it is even better. The damage done to yourself by Guard and such abilities count as damage done in addition to damage taken.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 10:21:17 AM »
all i know is that by using my group heals rather than individual heals its much easier to get top of PQ lists, not that i do such things *whistles*

but only do this if you trust your tanks to hold agro ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
<chip-on-shoulder>
has there ever been a game in which healers don't get gypped? WHERE ARE MY HEALING TOME UNLOCKS? *grumble*
</chip-on-shoulder>

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Pythias

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 11:58:20 AM »
In most PQ players don't take enough damage for full-time healing. I do PQs in my solo gear and tactic, focusing on damage, only heal when i see it's 'needed'.