Author Topic: Bloodline Champions  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Bloodline Champions
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:06:19 PM »
I got an invite to Bloodline Champions beta, and can invite two more people if I want. Haven't yet actually downloaded or installed the game, but if you are interested, please give me a shout (and your e-mail) and I'll send you a buddy invite. Although if I got an invite and had never heard of the game, and I got two buddy invites too, then I guess it won't be so hard to get a beta key from anywhere :)

For some more info on the game, check out:
http://www.massively.com/2010/08/03/first-impressions-bloodline-champions/
http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodline Champions
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 09:05:22 PM »
yeah i got one too through funcom its not my type of game so wont be using it.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodline Champions
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 09:21:58 AM »
Installed it this morning, it is actually pretty fun :)  Reminds me of Dawnspire, an old online PvP game I used to play. Except this game is much more smoother and has a very polished feel. I didn't have high expectations (I thought this could be some sort of a combat-ripoff of The Secret Worlds combat system just like that crappy Stargate shooter game), but it actually suprised me. It is fun :)

It is still in beta, so I encountered some bugs (like occasionally text getting "stuck" on the screen. Also some people spoke of troubles with servers, but I didn't have any issues there.

There are basically 16 different "classes", aka bloodlines as they are called in the game. They are divided into four sub-groups. Tanks (as the game has collision detection on, "tanking" is possible) who are huge (aka they take up space on the field, so difficult to move around them( melee types with protective and self-healing abilities. Healers, who have some direct heal and then depending on the spesific healer class they have abilities to buff friendlies or debuff hostiles. And then there are the Melee DPS and Ranged DPS, who each have spesific quirks (focusing either on pure damage output, or they can have buffs or debuffs to apply).

The characters can't be developed in any way (no skill levels, no gear improvement etc), so it is a pure gamer-skill and team-skill based system. I'll certainly be playing this a bit more, seems to hit my bloodgreed and PvP-needs well :)