Author Topic: 40k MMO (Info Leak)  (Read 14328 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
40k MMO (Info Leak)
« on: June 06, 2010, 01:29:11 AM »
Just found some "leaked info" on this, no clue on how true it is but it looks to make sense on predictions / speculation. (For found, read on SHC so stole and posted here :) )

Quote:
Playable factions:
- Imperium
- Eldar
- Orks
- Chaos

Features:
- Focus both on Meele and Long range Combat
- covering system
- 29 Zones (21 claimable, 8 invadeable)
- Open-World
- PvP around resource gathering and taking strategic points
- center zone features a conquerable stronghold
- No playable Tanks or other Warmachines at release but implemented possibility for expansion
- Tyranids as full fighting PvE-Faction

Lore (being discussed concerning certain faction-plots at the moment but here are the things we determined with Games Workshop so far):
- Game takes place in the southern border-sectors of Segmentum Tempestus
- Factions fight over a destroyed imperial forge world called Tarelis and its hive-city Cerberus X (newly added to the lore!)
- The story of the game will NOT take place in a parallel universe! Just like the Planet Kronus (made by our colleagues at relic) Tarelis will be part of the lore!
- Tyranids will be main-antagonists
- Unfortunately Vigil-games was not allowed to use Relics Gorgutz 'Ead 'Unter as Ork Warlord as he will make a final appearance in the second DoW2 expansion

Costs:
- 49.99$

Monthly fee:
- being discussed but most likely around 13$

Rating:
- targeted Teen/PEGI 16

Fully revealed at E3 2010."
(Less than 2 weeks away).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: 40k MMO (Info Leak)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 08:48:10 AM »
Remember WAR?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 09:10:29 AM »
Remember WAR?

Yeah but thats cos Mythic sucked. However I take your meaning and wont build this up too much in my mind.

Plus I wannbe a Commisar - shoot the deserters :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:42:23 AM »
Hmm vigil are relatively unknown with only 1 title to their name, Darksiders - which was ok.

I wont believe the hype as WAR was a letdown on so many levels.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 11:56:55 AM »
Despite WAR's shortcomings, I'll be looking forward to this one, as I'm a massive 40K fan.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 12:01:31 PM »
Despite WAR's shortcomings, I'll be looking forward to this one, as I'm a massive 40K fan.

We know :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 12:57:41 PM »

next youll be telling us that the pope is Catholic :P
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kathras

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 11:01:29 PM »
I'll be disappointed if I cant play as a Chaos Dreadnaught.   :'(
"Uncompromising men are easy to admire." - fictional character

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 05:39:33 PM »

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 05:59:11 PM »
Mmmmmm...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 09:14:24 AM »
http://www.darkmillenniumonline.com/

Websites up.

My biggest concern is that its not going to be Orks v Imperium v Eldar v Chaos  all v Tyrandis (NPC's), but Eldar/Imp v Chaos/Ork  (the latter isnt really right at all from a lore pov), and that was the biggest failing of WAR, RVR but 1v1.  The best RvR always needs 3 sides - like DAoC and Planetside - which both worked well because of 3 sides, it was difficult for folks to get the upper hand.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:43:25 AM by Mangala »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 11:50:43 AM »
My biggest concern is that its not going to be Orks v Imperium v Eldar v Chaos  all v Tyrandis (NPC's), but Eldar/Imp v Chaos/Ork  (the latter isnt really right at all from a lore pov), and that was the biggest failing of WAR, RVR but 1v1.  The best RvR always needs 3 sides - like DAoC and Planetside - which both worked well because of 3 sides, it was difficult for folks to get the upper hand.
Fear that it 1v1 might happen or fear of the consequences? Anyway, it will be 1v1 it seems:
Side with the forces of Order, or the vile hosts of Destruction, in a war that will unlock ancient secrets, reveal dark purposes, and determine the fate of the Sargos Sector. For in this dark millennium, there is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 11:55:32 AM »
Consequences mainly - as you end up with 1 side being dominant too much.  With 3 realms fighting, its much harder for any single realm to be supreme.  Unless they allow people to roll chars on all realms on the same server (PS did this - but in the early days it didnt matter/DAoC didnt and still doesnt) then it can all go wrong when the victory hounds start changing to the realm that looks like it will be the daddy that week.