Author Topic: Aion: Tower of eternity launch date  (Read 9430 times)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Re: Aion: Tower of eternity launch date
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2009, 02:10:52 PM »
they gave a 60 second warning that servers were coming down but the 60 seconds only lasted about 20.

I love those countdowns. I always imagine them in the ED-209's voice.

SERVER WILL SHUT DOWN IN 20 SECONDS.

DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 12:24:08 PM »
Come on then chaps. A little over a week in now.

What are your overall impressions?

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2009, 12:48:29 PM »
hmm well at the start you had private shops in my view a bad thing these you could set up and allow ppl to buy things from you while you were afk.

this meant ppl could just leave a char logged in all day and night and go to work and so on but this lead to masses of them in every quest hub and didnt help the server queues which were something like 4 hours long.

so they put in a fix where private shops can only be afk for half an hour so helped the queues but there are still queues i think ncsoft saw what happened with warhammer and dont want ghost town servers after a couple of months.

the game has the best char creation i have ever seen this is also a problem when you see chars with heads 5 times the normal size with afros lol

i like how the game handles fps i get is between 40 and 160 depending where i am and most areas have lots of ppl in them so far

classes i have one of each class and one of each sub class..

mage=sorcerer damage dealer(and some cc) + spiritmaster damage+pet
warrior=templar tank + gladiator damage dealer
priest=cleric primary healer+ chanter  buffer (mines has 6 buffs to give at lvl 20)
scout=assasin mellee dps+ranger ranged dps with some cc

the quests are your usual find and kill and delivery quests there is also repeatable quests which you can do 100 times all in the same day if you want.

not had to grind so far with my highest lvl(20) all solo play but at lvl 17 or so the first group quests kick in these are campaign quests which are seperate from the normal quests.

not joined a legion yet cant seem to decide between them all ,its like im a bit nervous of new ppl after being in the same guild with the same ppl for so long.

there is alot of goldseller /w but you can put them in a block list be warned do not reply to goldsellers even to say f/off it gets you perma banned i have heard.

i like the combat nice animations you get chain skills which trigger after a main skill is used.

as im only lvl20 cant say what its like after that i hear there is no real pve at endgame but then it is a pvp game.
there are instances but dont know how many and what lvl they are.

so far i enjoy it.

oh lots of trolls WOW kiddies and foriegn chat in general which keeps getting shouted down at least on gorgos server.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 06:45:47 AM »
The ques are annoying but the afk shops being limited to 30 mins and the new servers being added have helped i think. I am wondering if the ques will get even shorter once the free 30 days is over.

As soon as you hit 25 you can do a short chain wich lets you enter the abyss. Every mob or player and some quests here gives abyss points wich is what you need for buying gear and some skills after lvl 30. Also abyss points you get are counted towards your legions(if in one) contribution points and so your legions rank on the server. Abyss points are spent like money so you can loose your personal rank if you spend it all.

You can grind mobs and do repeatable quests or kill players for the abyss points depending on what you prefer. Sometimes it is possible to grind without being ganked but the threat is always there. You can keep an eye on minimap for enemies as player enemies show as red squares while hostile npcs show as red dots but it is hard to tell if the enemy player is hard or not as levels show as ?? so he could be below you or 5+ higher and impossible to hit.

Roaming gangs hunting for lone questers are fun when you are part of it and not so fun when you are the lone quester.  :P

Sometimes both sides gather bigger groups but the fights i have been in would just end up as one group hugging a tower with friendly npcs that oneshots your enemies and then you only get a kill now and then if some poor guy got dragged into your group by a templar(aoe skill that kinda works like the one those chaos dudes with funny hands in warhammer have).

There are fortresses and some lesser artifacts to be captured but not many can do this yet as mobs holding it are lvl 40 and most players are just starting to get past 25. There are higher level mobs and fortresses in another part of the abyss for when we get max level.

In the 25-28 range you can do a instance that is supposed to be a training ground for taking fortresses and artifacts. It seemed easy when i did it with legion but i often see people looking for non idiots for doing this. They must have had some weird groups...

I am worried that grinding abyss points will get boring in the long run after hitting lvl 50 even if the gear looks awesome.  :(

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »
for everyones information the gold farmers/botters will ruin this game i was doing quests in one area and counted 15 botters in a small area makeing doing quests there very time consuming.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »
OMG

just found out HONVIK and his tribe are playing aion on the server im on ARGHhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2009, 06:05:26 PM »
wots honvik?
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »
wots honvik?

a very vocal and sometimes tit in lotro on snowbourn server.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2009, 06:40:01 PM »
wots honvik?

a very vocal and sometimes tit in lotro on snowbourn server.

I agree at release he was King Tit, however the past year or so hes been pretty good, his kin organise events for the server, from chicken runs (epicaly funny to watch)to Bree hide and seek (CM hated that one, said their servers couldnt cope).
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)