Author Topic: new info  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: new info
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 05:17:47 PM »
but to a degree it is weird that you have a lifetime sub, but still have to pay to be able to keep playing...
or can you keep playing without the expansion?

I think the expansions arent necessary, unless you are at the levels that require them - but its not a question I have thought about yet... probably should :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 05:27:08 PM »
but to a degree it is weird that you have a lifetime sub, but still have to pay to be able to keep playing...
or can you keep playing without the expansion?

you can keep playing just not in the new areas, with the new abilities etc
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 06:21:54 PM »
yeah you can play without the xpack just dont get access to the new stuff and remain capped at lvl60.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 04:37:23 PM »
more info

* Mounts will become a skill rather than an item
** You can have several mounts
** You can zone, emote & talk to npc's while on mounts
** New Wild Goat mount

* Shared account storage (no more mailing between your own toons)
** 50 slots

* Made Of Lions "Epic Book 9 has the most chapters of any Book so far, and the Epilogue serves to wrap up the stories for many of the characters you've met over the course of Volume II. There's quite a bit to these."

* Skirmishes - these are scalable, both in terms of numbers and levels. 30-40 mins, and accessible from anywhere.

And further future:
* Vol 3 starts early next year, apparently as a regular free update.

Radiance gating will be continued and probably needed for SoM content

"Currently there will be two for the live content you guys are playing: the Medallion of Moria and the Medallion of Lothlorien.  The Medallions will drop off of every boss monster in level 58+ instances.  This means that killing boss one in Forges of Khazad-Dum will drop Medallions for everyone in the party. (Note: Make sure you all loot the chest!)  I’m not going to get into how many, etc. here because we are still balancing the system.  Players can use Medallions to trade for same things they were trading for —namely the Challenge sets, the other dungeon sets, and relics and Legendary Item XP.

Currently the Medallions of Moria will drop in: Grand Stairs,Forges, Sixteenth Hall, Fil Ghashan, Skumfil, and Dark Delvings.  The Medallions of Lothlorien will drop in Waterworks, Halls of Crafting,and Hall of Mirrors.  Future instances will drop a new Medallion.

The goal here is to not force you all to grind through instances in only the way we want.  Also, players will still gain ground towards gaining their sets even if they aren’t achieving the Challenges. However, doing the Challenges will gain you more Medallions!  In addition to this, we are going to be adding in some items to Challenges at a very low percentage drop.  This means you’ll have a chance of getting something special. Finally, we are fixing it so there are new Challenge quests that work while you are inside the instances only and are on a daily retry timer.  Orion has mentioned this tech and you can read his blog for more information.  Oh and if that is not enough, we have some new Legendary Item goodies that you can trade for that we think you will like a lot.  (But you’ll have to wait to find out what exactly!)

“But what about my old tokens?  What do I do with them?”
No worries.  There will be new npcs at the Twenty-first Hall and Caras Galadhon near the class trainers that will exchange those old crusty tokens for new shiny medallions!  These Barter Exchange Traders will also hold all the Legendary Item goodies. "

also radiance/hope and gloom/dread will be separated again, so hope will combat dread (fear from nasties themselves or defeat) and radiance will combat gloom (evil places inspire fear)

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 04:53:10 PM »
Finally I can talk to npcs from my horse!

Thank god!

I like the change to them being a skill too.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 05:01:57 PM »

Thank god!

i think they were being pressured into it before going near Rohan in any way ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 08:10:31 PM »

Thank god!

i think they were being pressured into it before going near Rohan in any way ;)

Wouldnt surprise me.

Volume III is Rohan isnt it (thinking of where the Fellowship is in the books about this stage), so gives them time to tweak the system.

---

I am still unsure about these Skirmish things to be honest - the idea is sound and I can see the value in it to an extent, but they seem to divert from the MMO side of the genre, and while Im the last person able to criticise them given how I dont play too often, it feels like they are moving closer to such a vibrant world becoming you, your npcs and the story, with extra added chat (and its kinda the worse case scenario on how I view KOTOR heading too).  (It also doesnt help my case that when I have grouped in games in the past, I eventually tend to group with a limited number of people most of the time!), just to pander to the terribads that are flooding MMO worlds now..

Also - Medallions/Challenges: Heroic badges and all that stuff from WOW? What a retarded thing to adopt - even partially...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 08:12:45 PM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 09:51:58 PM »
skirmishes are scalable so 1/3/6 man iirc with empty slots filled with NPC heroes. plus your trainable troops.

i think it has the possibility to be awesomeness gone wild if done correctly.