Author Topic: Private servers for previous MMO versions/shuttered games  (Read 24008 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Private servers for previous MMO versions/shuttered games
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2017, 10:12:26 AM »
Legion the gated xpac is how I see it trying to make a xpac last longer by gating every little thing is not the way to go and people suss out what they are doing pretty quick.

I'm hoping Battle for Azeroth takes us somewhat back towards a vanilla experience.

I have 12 level 110's all at around ilevel 930 I'm not in a guild and have not raided and only done 5mans for my class campaigns even those were  just about tolerable in lfg

community has really gone down the shitter even in a guild everybody does their own thing jumping into lfg and lfr without even asking guildies if they want to do something.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 10:21:09 AM by Keggi »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 06:26:50 PM »
Bit off topic but does anybody from HoJ vanilla days remember doing Naxx and we had a guy called something like Whitemagecid who had some kind of condition like ADHD who would get very excited and scream at the top of his lungs and pull everything in a room or am I miss remembering?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 03:35:13 PM »
Bit off topic but does anybody from HoJ vanilla days remember doing Naxx and we had a guy called something like Whitemagecid who had some kind of condition like ADHD who would get very excited and scream at the top of his lungs and pull everything in a room or am I miss remembering?

Oh god, the flashbacks to that kid!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 05:03:10 PM »

Oh god, the flashbacks to that kid!

Thought I had remembered correctly probably one of the funniest times in the game for me.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 12:42:49 PM »
/wave

Clearing out the old files on the PC and found loads of old WoW screenshots and even an interview I did with Ashaar.

Felt like reminiscing, so thought I'd say hi! :D

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 06:30:52 PM »
/wave at Kurtt you may or may not have noticed but BD left the guild not the same anymore don't know any of the people anymore only about 5 or so originals playing and not that regular so im just pottering about.

Offline Baptiste

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 08:31:29 AM »
Hi Kurtt, hope things are good with you.

You'll be diving back in for classic right?

(Soothe)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:42:26 AM by Baptiste »

Offline Ash

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 10:46:57 PM »
/wave

Clearing out the old files on the PC and found loads of old WoW screenshots and even an interview I did with Ashaar.

Felt like reminiscing, so thought I'd say hi! :D

Hi team! I was also just reminiscing about the old 2006 Molten Core days and wondering if I wanted to bother getting back into wow in BFA or not... Other than when i was at uni in 2007-2010 i've played at least a little bit of solo content every year since then, but pretty much gave up on it all last year. It's never been quite the same as early HoJ days and I'm not sure WoW classic is going to do the job, sadly.

Anyone from original HoJ/Synch still playing WoW?

Kurtt! Good to see you still exist :) What's this interview? I have no memory of that at all.

Just spent some time watching through some truly awful videos of our old raids though, and the Karnival is still brilliant :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWiGiHKNVB8e9ubyOzdguSw - some memorable old voices on TS in those vids.

While i'm feeling nostalgic, and hopeful that some of the old crowd will read this, a truly big heartfelt thanks to all those people from back in the day for making some really happy memories! (don't worry, i'm not dying or anything, just having a moment :) )

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 07:32:05 AM »
Hi Ash only really me(BD) and Caradir(Bigcogg) seem to frequent these forums anymore don't even see Jon's name on the site though he could be on at 3am or something.

I still play retail but its not the same hardly anybody from 2005/6 playing does not feel like the same guild anymore the newer people are probably good people and it may be me getting older but I find I cant be arsed with them lol.

I will be playing classic but if there's nobody else i know on i probably wont last long and i know it will not be the same anyway but its worth a try.

ps
Yeah i was looking at the old videos you did on youtube recently you dont get fun like that anymore.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 07:34:05 AM by Keggi »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2019, 07:18:47 AM »
Well I got in to the server stress test for classic as it only lasts for two hours it may be over before I get in lol.

edit: seems its at 11am today so probably 2 hrs of trying to tag a mob with a 2 minute respawn timer or something.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:30:06 AM by Keggi »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2019, 08:23:59 AM »
2 minute respawn?

I remember queueing for Hogger far longer :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2019, 08:56:45 AM »
Well just found out the stress test is from midnight till 2am tonight uk time after somebody told me it was at 11am today they can screw that. :o

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2019, 11:33:30 PM »
Well it was like going back to 2005
big queue
char creation timed out
dc'ed
back of the queue which was 2.5k long. :)

edit: got in this morning resist is a bitch.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 08:01:59 AM by Keggi »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2019, 03:01:35 PM »
After spending some time in this stress test/beta
must say it was like going back in time the people gave me that community feeling again people chatting lots of banter level 5(capped at 5) raids to orgrimmar and on Hogger.

some tw*t stole my name and i had to run around as Backdrafts.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2019, 06:15:09 PM »
They are testing classic AV this coming weekend. Invite meh you cnuts. :'(