Author Topic: Private servers for previous MMO versions/shuttered games  (Read 24016 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Private servers for previous MMO versions/shuttered games
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2019, 08:48:26 PM »
Blizzard just confirmed Russians will be the only ones to have their own servers in classic and they are pissed French/german and everybody else will be mixed in together just give me a infinite ignore list and that would be helpful.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2019, 08:01:42 AM »
There is a global pre-launch stress test on the 8th of august and you can save char names on the 13th up to 3 names for anybody that may happen by and be interested. ;D

edit:name reservation now on the 12th at 11pm uk time
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 08:10:35 AM by Keggi »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2019, 04:12:52 PM »
shit a brick only 2 English speaking pve realms mirage raceway and pyrewood village and 2 pvp realms golemagg and shazzrah. its like they have no faith in it.

on the stress test last night there were 15k queues on the 2 servers, they had to open 2 more and that was just the stress test.

I would have liked to see the old server names would give people a chance to re-connect I know they have new forums for people to re-connect and set plans for a common server but not many will go to official forums they will log on see server names and go from there.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:43:57 PM by Keggi »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2019, 11:20:43 AM »
Can the game still run on a potato?

I'll probably sub at least a month or upgrade my expansion level (currently Legion). Get bored with the grind really quickly. Do Deadmines once. And that'll be that. :D

Or if there are a few people casually having fun under the HoJ banner I'll tag along longer.

Just got an email for a free 100 level character boost with a subscription to celebrate 15 years as well.

I can still remember how WoW physical copies were sold out the first few months and I couldn't get in until the next wave in April while a few friends were already playing.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 11:25:49 AM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2019, 11:37:44 AM »
think the client is based on the one used for the latest xpac

Jon has not been on here for 4 months or so I don't think there will be anything HoJ happening and I have seen about 3 other people besides myself on here in the last 6 months.

Blizz seem to have gone with very few servers with layering on them which means even if there are loads of people from vanilla that you knew you may never see or bump in to them.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2019, 05:19:53 PM »
Reserve your name from midnight. No thanks ;) Dont have the time (unfortunately) to dedicate to a subscription based game anymore.

I honestly don't think many of teh old HoJers play games as much as we used to, too many demands on our time in life with jobs and family.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2019, 05:24:44 PM »
Im around just quiet. busy with work, but watching everything and anything classic.

getting my client installed as i type to get names reserved, as for a guild, im game? ;)  Im too old for pvp - unless its a rare foray into eve - so was thinking mirage Rceway for a server?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2019, 05:28:40 PM »
Its sad to think, but the first thing I'll be doing as I flip to 40, is reserving names for a game I played in my 20s.

Still, kinda hyped.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2019, 05:39:11 PM »
yeah its pve for me I like to make progress in game the vocal minority think every ones going pvp would have liked old server names would have made easier for any old players to find each other they must be expecting a big fall off.

I was 38 when I started playing 53 now I think my twitch reflex has long gone for pvp lol.

was going to reserve the name Backdraft on both pve servers so my bases are covered.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 05:45:38 PM by Keggi »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2019, 07:39:00 PM »
...the first thing I'll be doing as I flip to 40...

Happy birthday, you old tart!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2019, 08:43:47 PM »
Its 10 silver for a guild charter think I had 1 silver 65 copper at level 3 in the stress test so might have about 4 silver leaving the starter zone but its yours for the charter. :)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2019, 10:12:12 PM »
I'll have a look somewhere in September when the dust has settled. Currently running too much of a potato apparently.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2019, 10:15:04 PM »
nah I managed to get 1 char created then it all went to pot im sitting at logging in to server at the moment.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2019, 10:28:09 PM »
ok got in created the chars I wanted just be careful people are reporting picking a server but then they notice they have been put on the wrong realm maybe blizz should hire back those 800 they sacked.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2019, 11:14:56 PM »
Wouldn't be the classic experience if everything went smoothly.