Author Topic: Withdrawal...  (Read 25232 times)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
Re: Withdrawal...
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2011, 06:04:57 PM »
my point exactly.

Are there any non humanoid races in any other MMO?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »
Gnomes.

Wait i view them that way, no-one else does ;)

UO - no
DAOC - no
VG - no
EQ - no
EQ2 - no
WoW - no
WAR - no
EVE - no (then again there are alien species, but drones and various others dont count really)
PS - no
CO/COH/DCUO - no
Darkfail - no
LOTRO - no

Cant think of any others.

The problem is, using non-humanoid runs the risk of the player (the "hero" usually) not feeling a proper connection with their avatar (hence ccp thinking spacedolls would get them subs - which it didnt when things panned out) and therefore not paying to play.  Not my argument at all, but thats pretty much it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:14:47 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2011, 06:15:35 PM »
Closest would be Tyranids? Assuming 40k:DMO will feature them, but probably not playable...

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2011, 06:17:50 PM »
It's fun to play a spider or whatever in LOTRO for a bit. But non humanoids can only level in skills and abilities.
They don't wear clothes. Don't use equipment. Etc. They'd make for very boring playable races.

That's why we need EWOKS!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2011, 06:25:49 PM »
jawa jedi like to see i would

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2011, 06:28:36 PM »
It's fun to play a spider or whatever in LOTRO for a bit. But non humanoids can only level in skills and abilities.
They don't wear clothes. Don't use equipment. Etc. They'd make for very boring playable races.

That's why we need EWOKS!

DIE IN A FIRE. Or a flood since you live under sea level.  And then get resurrected and fed into a wood chipper feet first. Then have all the bits recombined and frozen with fruit juice and eaten by George Lucas.

EDIT: I may or may not have issues with ewoks...

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2011, 06:47:53 PM »
It's alright. I still love you. EWOK POWAR!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2011, 09:36:30 PM »
Thing is, is there any none humanoid (ie 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head all attached to a torso) sentient races in Star Wars, other than the Hutts?

In the old Dark Horse comics, yes, but I don't think I've ever seen a non-humanoid anywhere else. I seem to recall at least one of Nomi Sunrider's masters was a quadruped (and used to let Nomi's daughter ride around on his back) and I think another was a kind of tree who eventually went sessile. My copies of those comics are back in Oz though.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2011, 11:59:56 PM »
Thing is, is there any none humanoid (ie 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head all attached to a torso) sentient races in Star Wars, other than the Hutts?

In the old Dark Horse comics, yes, but I don't think I've ever seen a non-humanoid anywhere else. I seem to recall at least one of Nomi Sunrider's masters was a quadruped (and used to let Nomi's daughter ride around on his back) and I think another was a kind of tree who eventually went sessile. My copies of those comics are back in Oz though.

Master Ikrit?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ikrit
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2011, 10:11:10 AM »
Mangala, you need to look at that link.

(Fire in the hole, everyone else.)
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
God I know. It's the ham, bacon and eggs from last night.  ???

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »
A jedi pussycat?

The Blizz is strong with the guy who wrote him in...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2011, 12:38:19 PM »
A jedi pussycat?

The Blizz is strong with the guy who wrote him in...

heheh

he was a jedi scholar not really a fighty Jedi

cant remember if he was the same one that got stuck on Yavin IV
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »
So, this game...

Would it be fun for a not-fanboi (vs you fanbois every last one of you) like me? Bar the joy of enjoying your company ofc  :-*
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2011, 03:32:49 PM »
I know I'm a pussy compared to the rest of the crazies here... but did you not even enjoy the movies?