Author Topic: LOTRO crashes NVIDIA error (formerly Kheledul in Ered Luin)  (Read 7130 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
LOTRO crashes NVIDIA error (formerly Kheledul in Ered Luin)
« on: November 06, 2010, 12:06:57 PM »
I've a got a bucket of quests to do in the Dourhand overrun port of Kheledul in Ered Luin. I tend to get raped protecting the elf in the boat. And all the henchmen that pop out of nowhere are annoying.

Anyone else with q's for this? Or some spare time? :P
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:42:57 AM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Kheledul in Ered Luin
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 02:09:23 PM »
grab me if im on and ill help, but ill laugh at you as its soooo much easier than it used to be ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 07:21:06 PM »
Not touching myself when attempting this clearly helped.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 07:57:04 PM »
Not touching myself when attempting this clearly helped.

usually helps in life

dont touch boaby to keep a clear head.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 09:11:42 PM »
No need to spam teh forums even more than usual, so...

I've discovered how to load ABC music files into LOTRO. My life is over.

There is nothing more awesome than a dwarf playing La Tortura by Shakira on a lute.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 09:41:10 PM »
I'm particularily fond of 'Over the Hills' by Led Zeppelin on a Lute :D

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 03:54:46 PM »
Radioheads Creep has a special message for me on Trombone or Lute. Wish I would sometime be able to hear Creep played on the same time on Trombone and Lute.

I suppose you already found your way to http://www.lotro-abc.com/ ?

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 06:17:04 PM »
Yarr!

Currently sneaking in some game time in LOTRO and on TS. IT'S LONELEH!!!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 06:21:23 PM »
Yarr!

Currently sneaking in some game time in LOTRO and on TS. IT'S LONELEH!!!

then you should have been on earlier when i was on :P

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 06:32:47 PM »
Would have been, but that darned employer actually wants me to do stuff for him!  ::)

Go Go client crashes. :(
From what I've been able to find it might be the video card overheating. Need to open that baby up as soon as I can be bothered to and see what's going on in there. I am sitting next to a double heater and I don't hear the fans turns it up a notch when gaming at all. Fucktits.

Weird thing is, just the screen freezes. GUI still works. I can fire off spells, walk around, play music, etc. You hear all the noises, but the screen doesn't change. It's just frozen. I didn't have this at all on my free trial before the F2P update. Then again, I have trouble updating iTunes and installing MSN as well. All solutions I've found so far are either get a new gfx card or do some wonky shit in the system folder that can fuck up your machine completely.

The error message I got the first time around was something along the lines of 'Nvidia something stopped responding but has succesfully recovered'. But that was only the first time it happened. Now it just freezes and when I alt tab out and back in, it's just a black screen with flickering cursor. These issues have been running back since 2007 apparently.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:58:18 PM by Goatboy »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 07:05:47 PM »
Ouch, sounds like a real shitty problem there.

Updated your drivers lately? (wouldnt surprise me if turbine arent exactly super uptodate with regards how their progam works v drivers?)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 07:29:57 PM »
Speak of the devil:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 258.96 stopped responding and has succesfully recovered.

Undoubtedly some type of driver issue somewhere.

Gah now my connection is also dropping. I'm done for today. -_-
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:52:29 PM by Goatboy »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 10:00:59 PM »
there is a more up to date driver available

i think that thats the driver that my GFX card overheated on :S  cant be coincidence ill google it

update quick google and it does appear that driver causes a 10 -15 C increase in GPU temp stop using it before you lose a card like i did.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:03:27 PM by Caradir »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 10:07:51 AM »
Oh that's awesome. My drivers are killing my card?

Downloading and installing this now:

Version:
260.99 WHQL
Release Date:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:11:37 AM by Goatboy »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: LOTRO crashes NVIDIA error
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 10:34:27 AM »
Rightyho. Wubblecopters for your googling action and warning. <3

I've done a clean install of the drivers from 25th october. I've also installed open hardware monitor to see my system temperatures.

How hot should my CPU's and my GPU be allowed to get?
It's a stock pc. Haven't opened her up yet to prevent voiding the warranty, so I can't see what's sitting on top of the cpu.
Obviously as cool as possible... but my pc's in our bedroom that also happens to house the only double heater in the house. It's pretty warm to begin with.

Graphics card:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gt_330_us.html which supposedly has its own fan.

CPU:
i7 920 2.67GHz

I'll see if I can get some LOTRO time in tonight to see if the issue has been resolved.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:38:36 AM by Goatboy »