Author Topic: A Wow Thread  (Read 56432 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
A Wow Thread
« on: November 14, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »
Are you?

99% of the server running around as a death knight?

Do you get a free month of game time with wotlk?

I have over 5 weeks holidays left until the end of the year... should I?  :-\
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: A Wow Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:24:45 PM »
dont go to the dark side lol

i had a look at my cousins there was something like 400 dk's in hellfire and i made a comment about them being way overpowered and would be nerfed then i realised they were a hero class.

the thing is they get a cool armour set within 2 lvl's then they go to hellfire and have to start wearing the generic looking armour thats been there for over a year.

i think they should have added dk specific looking gear to the loot tables else there just going to look like every other warrior.

Offline Baptiste

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 09:23:43 AM »
Yeah I resubbed and ran the Keep instance, I don't know if they're running out of ideas but it was dungeon-by-numbers and not a patch on the BC ones. I hope the others are better otherwise there's no way I'll be able to get to 80.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 10:48:31 AM »
Don't be too positive. :D
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 02:11:42 PM »
Not me. I did pre-oreder Mines of Moria, and intend to pwn the world with my Warden. The Warden class looks exactly like the WH should have been in WAR (change pistol for javelin, and you have a WH!). Need to apply to LOTRO HoJ team (it seems that it is way more active (and I readlly do mean it) compared to my Kinship on another server :( ).

Incidenly, scratch from HoJ WAAR team Dehn, Darn and Peter. They got sucked to WotLK :(  (altough I have some minor hope that Peter will see the light and leave the darkside (at-least once AM class starts to live up to its dual-nature expectations)).

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 04:34:37 PM »
Don't mention it! I went cold turkey and fearing for my first weak moment(s)...
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 06:31:36 PM »
In a few hours, when I've finished downloading the 651Mb patch, yes.

I like Warhammer and originally planned to play it for the rest of the year to give it a proper go, but even after upgrading my RAM my PC just can't handle the tier 2 scenarios. I think I really found my niche as an archmage too, but I can hardly heal people if I'm watching the screen refresh once per second during combat.

If it runs a bit smoother in six months I might try it again.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 10:24:53 AM »
In a few hours, when I've finished downloading the 651Mb patch, yes.

I like Warhammer and originally planned to play it for the rest of the year to give it a proper go, but even after upgrading my RAM my PC just can't handle the tier 2 scenarios. I think I really found my niche as an archmage too, but I can hardly heal people if I'm watching the screen refresh once per second during combat.

If it runs a bit smoother in six months I might try it again.

Did you install 'buffthrottle' ?

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 06:05:37 PM »
Did you install 'buffthrottle' ?

Yep.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Pythias

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 06:06:41 PM »
Yeah, my druid is fresh lvl 71.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 01:11:21 AM »
In no way do I have a level 71 Orc Shaman. Or a 59 Orc Death Knight. Honest...

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 08:51:24 AM »
Love PA

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 08:57:42 AM »
As announced in some other thread I planned to check out the DKs and so I am.
At the moment my Troll DK is lvl 62 and questing in Zang. On the whole I think Blizz made a very nice class. It is quite overpowered if you ask me, so I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf it at some time in the future. Nevertheless it makes leveling easier which may have been intended. Yes, some quest areas can be annoyingly crowded at peak hours.
Still since many race level their mains to 80 it isn't too bad. What I don't like playing WoW again is all the annoying kids with their /spit /laugh, lol noob behaviour. I haven't had anything like this in WAR. I haven't been in Northrend much, the new continent, but it looked pretty nice the few hours I spent there.
In conclusion, I will spend less time playing WAR but have no intentions of ending my subscription.

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 11:24:14 AM »
Yep - rolled a Gnome DK now at 63.  They are OP and all over Outland at the moment, but I'm moving past zones and doing mostly orange quests and mobs +2 levels above makes the leveling easier and qucker.  Its worth rolling a DK just to do opening sequence of quests which are good fun. I made my gnome look like my existing mage-ette so my backstory is she turned bad.

Bought a 60 day time card and my plan is to get to the new content (lvl 68) as soon as possible and see what Blizz have done in Wintergrasp (their rip-off of RvR lakes - siege engines etc.).  My old guild scattered when the officers gave up on organising nightly raids (don't blame em really) but we keep in touch so I may do a few dungeons.  But, I have NO plans to return to that whole end game thing.

Overall impression? its like going for a walk in an old comfy pair of well worn-in boots around your old hometown. Why wouldn't you want to do that?

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 12:14:14 PM »
Overall impression? its like going for a walk in an old comfy pair of well worn-in boots around your old hometown. Why wouldn't you want to do that?

beacuse you where somewhat of a burnt out junkie the last time you managed to escape your home town and now on your return beautiful elven women are throwing cheap bags of heroin at your comfy feet?
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)