Author Topic: Idiots guide to new probing system please  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Idiots guide to new probing system please
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:53:55 PM »
Would love a link to one, or one posted here. Im probably going to fit a launcher on a shooty ship rather than something dedicated (a buzzard setup would be great too!), but I';d like to be able to find my way out of a Wspace area that isnt asking Red :D

http://wiki.eveonline.com/wiki/Apocrypha_Probing
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:41:51 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Idiots guide to new probing system please
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 06:40:35 PM »
Can I probe while cloaked?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 06:41:50 PM »
you need to be uncloaked to launch probes but can cloak once they are all up and further than2.5km away from your ship
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 09:12:02 AM »
Found my first WH on my own.  Got a regular launcher fit on a harpy, took 30mins to narrow it down, but awesome when I did get it :D

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 11:11:41 AM »
Nice work!
It gets quicker will practice and you pick up the knack.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 01:23:05 PM »
Nice work!
It gets quicker will practice and you pick up the knack.

Yup - and use my buzzard specially fit for it, not a harpy :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 01:28:57 PM »
as your skills improve you will speed up, at times ,if im lucky, i can launch 4 deep space probes and get a straight 100% with them at max range, so thats 4 seconds to launch the 4 a few seconds to drag and drop on solar map then 7 seconds to scan, easily less than 30 secs start to finish ;) a lot less painless than the previous system.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 01:33:12 PM »
as your skills improve you will speed up, at times ,if im lucky, i can launch 4 deep space probes and get a straight 100% with them at max range, so thats 4 seconds to launch the 4 a few seconds to drag and drop on solar map then 7 seconds to scan, easily less than 30 secs start to finish ;) a lot less painless than the previous system.

Aye - got Pinpointing and Triang to III, Astro to IV (V eventually for the Deep Space probes I think), with the 1st 2 going up to IV after a detour to t2 lasers.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 01:52:20 PM »
Astro V helps a lot.
With a rigged covops and the PPH2 - you can get warpables with 4 DS @ 8AU and 1 DS in the center at 2AU.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 04:03:49 PM »
http://wiki.eveonline.com/wiki/Apocrypha_Probing

dont know if youve read this Jon