Author Topic: Don't panic! (We're going to war :)  (Read 4856 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Don't panic! (We're going to war :)
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2010, 12:03:43 PM »
Well engaging in the first place hasnt been the brightest thing to do (outgunned and no FC on the spot), but there... it was done -> learning experience

The only thing that might have saved you was seeing you were going down, disengage (stop all aggression towards the other party) and make to the gate. If you would have been lucky you would have been able to jump as soon as the aggression timer ended (60 seconds iirc). But I doubt you lasted this long  :(
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 12:05:19 PM »
btw, anyone got any suggestion of what I should have not done there when I lost my harby?

I was tackled so couldn't warp, and my dps was not enough to hurt the drake i fired upon :(

Was my fault really :/
Anyway, first rule of pvp "never fire on the drake". You can easily get a 70k ehp tank on that thing without sacrificing much dps. Canes are better targets as they have much weaker tanks.
jag would've been a nice target too, but again, because there was no FC and noone on-site took lead, I doubt a single target got primaried and you were all shooting different targets :S
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
jag was bad target - minnie t2 are pretty good for em resists.

drake was a very bad idea due to huge potential tank.

trying to deagress as warcold suggests would probably have been best course of action.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 05:07:59 PM »
jag was bad target - minnie t2 are pretty good for em resists.

drake was a very bad idea due to huge potential tank.

trying to deagress as warcold suggests would probably have been best course of action.
well i meant primary... dehn wasnt the only one there