Author Topic: Cataclysm Thread  (Read 45899 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2010, 02:30:41 PM »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2010, 05:36:11 PM »
Pearl Harbour day, rather apt :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2010, 08:15:25 AM »
A guildie posted this on the lemmings forums and he got it from a friend on another server who probably bumped into it at wowinsider by the looks of it:

NOTE: Blizzard has approved use of this method. It is not against the ToS, EULA, or any other acronym.

Pre-orders for the Cataclysm digital upgrade are officially open, and you can start downloading the remainder of the expansion's data the moment your purchase goes through. But what if you're awaiting a Collector's Edition or you don't have the money to upgrade online right now? You don't want to be left waiting for Cataclysm to download and install on launch night.

Thankfully, we've got you covered. There's an easy way to preload all the data you'll need to play Cataclysm the moment it goes live on midnight Dec. 7. Just follow these easy steps:

1. Make sure World of Warcraft and/or the launcher and background downloader are completely closed.
2. Open up your World of Warcraft folder.
3. Open Launcher.wtf in Notepad and change the "accountType" line from LK to CT.
4. Open Config.wtf in Notepad and change the "accountType" line from LK to CT.

Now load up the launcher and you should begin downloading 700 megs or so of new material. That's the last bit of data you need to play on launch night. Enjoy!

Remember: This will only give you the necessary files to play Cataclysm. It will not upgrade your account and you will not be able to access Cataclysm features. You still need to buy the game if you want to play on launch day.

Thanks to Lemon King for the tip!"

I tried it and its downloading another 700mb.
So basically on the 7th of december i wont have to install any game, just upgrade my account with my code, then play away.

Thanks to wow insider

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2010, 08:18:48 AM »
Aye, also did this over the weekend - worked and as it wasnt hugely public at that point, went faster than anything blizzard have ever let me download ever!

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2010, 08:33:03 AM »
Just done this also, very cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2010, 05:49:17 PM »
The Elemental invasions have begun.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
The Elemental invasions have begun.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27508583776&sid=1

Rift locations - apparently killing them at appropriate level gets you a Feat...

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2010, 11:02:32 PM »
Also questchain to be picked up at SW bank and Keep.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2010, 07:18:10 PM »
So Phase 4 started yesterday - Stormwind was packed at 9pm...  This is one of several screenies I grabbed during the evening (huge elementals and rifts spawning all over):

(yes its a stretcher)

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2010, 02:17:23 PM »
I give up. I cant find Wally anywhere in that picture.... But i do see at least one mister pinchy and something that could be a gnome from my guild.

It looks like the interest in clearing SW is getting low so you often loose it.
Seems to me like IF get cleared faster and then most people just start queing for the 2 bosses that unlocks instead. They should have put the invasions on different timers.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2010, 03:13:17 PM »
having not patched since last time i played, i gasped at over 5 gig download.

not only that but blizz patcher sucks donkeys hairy ba's, 2 days to download (no joke, torrent i found must have used same tracker equally bad) and now im 2 hours into patching process wtf makes me want to take that donkey and treat him like a zombie. Bile jar him, molotov him then use my grenade launcher to launch him into space.

DONKEEYS IN SPACEEEEE!!!

so blizz can go suck ma boaby

im still looking forward to archaeology though, is it bad that thats what im looking forward to most?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »
having not patched since last time i played, i gasped at over 5 gig download.

not only that but blizz patcher sucks donkeys hairy ba's, 2 days to download (no joke, torrent i found must have used same tracker equally bad) and now im 2 hours into patching process wtf makes me want to take that donkey and treat him like a zombie. Bile jar him, molotov him then use my grenade launcher to launch him into space.

DONKEEYS IN SPACEEEEE!!!

so blizz can go suck ma boaby

im still looking forward to archaeology though, is it bad that thats what im looking forward to most?

im a bit miffed that its a secondary skill would have liked it to be grouped in with the primary ones im most looking forward to the ppl that sprint through instances now finding out they cant do that anymore.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2010, 03:20:40 PM »
arrrrrrgggghhhh. i get this eroor

The installer was unable to read the file "sound\doodad\ti_spinningpiece01_loop.wav". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown> --for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute()

who do i shoot installer is starting at 0% again :S

*goes to trawl forums*

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 22, 2010, 03:30:21 PM »
If you haven't already, try turning off peer-to-peer downloads in the patcher. That seems to improve download speeds.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2010, 03:31:56 PM »
arrrrrrgggghhhh. i get this eroor

The installer was unable to read the file "sound\doodad\ti_spinningpiece01_loop.wav". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown> --for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute()

who do i shoot installer is starting at 0% again :S

*goes to trawl forums*
 i would think it starts from were it stopped but probably checks whats installed already if not /cry