Author Topic: Cataclysm Thread  (Read 46065 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Cataclysm Thread
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2010, 12:53:51 PM »
Quote re gear differential again between Wrath and start of Cata:

Geeze I haven't been following WoW item progression lately...talk about some insane mudflation!
As I hinted earlier: you get green items that are basically ICC10 stuff on your first quests, and you're replacing your heroic mode Bryntroll before you've even dinged 81.

Latter is from a tester. 

Sounds like they enjoy doing this do blizz.

Oh and looking at some of the items, 512+ sta and random shit like that :S

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2010, 04:53:47 PM »
However, wtf:

* Auto-quest complete technology: Players are able to complete quests in the field and immediately begin the next quest in the chain, without running back to the quest giver for the next step in the quest, allowing multiple quests to be completed without returning home. Think of it as Archmage Vargoth's staff on steroids.

This has me annoyed, as things are too fast already and now this...

Undocumented feature: your new psychic powers.

Quest-giver: "Hail mighty adventurer and welcome to Darkshore. Mayhap you be interested in seeing the world? I have need of information from an old comrade from the regiments who resides in these times in the far-distant city of Stormwind. Could you -?"

Adventurer (two fingers pressed to right temple): "He says you still owe him the money, and he wishes you wouldn't call at night."

EDIT: In fairness, I'm not sure what the point of returning to a quest-hub is even going to be for chains. Progression through a zone is going to be much more streamlined, less jumping around the world, as in Outland and Northrend and perhaps even more so. We're all flying around on 280% Bronze Drakes, so wandering mobs are going to be just about pointless and the time taken to return to your quest-giver is barely slower than teleporting.

There are quest chains through Outland and particularly in Northrend where the story flow would have worked a whole lot better if we could have just moved on to the next step. The Thassarian quest-line in Borean Tundra is the example I always think of. Because I did it in such a fragmented manner as I arced back and forth through the zone, I didn't even remember how it started by the time I finished it, and wouldn't have remembered at all if Thassarian wasn't in Icecrown and greets you for the first time with a "Hey, thanks for helping my sister."

I'm willing to give this one a shot and see how it works out.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:10:57 PM by Taith »
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2010, 10:51:22 PM »
so either they teleport quest rewards to you, or you only gain rewards at end of chains whence you return to sender?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kathras

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2010, 11:31:14 PM »
so either they teleport quest rewards to you, or you only gain rewards at end of chains whence you return to sender?

Teleport, Im sure.  I mean. its only one step further. Might has well go full-assed instead of half-assed.
"Uncompromising men are easy to admire." - fictional character

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2010, 12:29:52 PM »
Removing instance keys:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/25482318537/scarlet-key-and-others-gone-list-added/

While that sucks, I like this one:

The vast majority of our dungeons must now be visited and their entrances explored before you can LFG for that dungeon. A few classic dungeons will always be available that are extremely hard to visit or are low level. Ragefire Chasm, Stormwind Stockade, Deadmines, and Wailing Caverns are automatically unlocked
Not that i'll ever LFG (So no seeing me raaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in chat guys), but this exploration is a good thing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:37:25 PM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2010, 01:14:03 PM »
At least no mention of them removing UBRS, That was a pain in the butt however when i finally managed to get all those gems i was a very happy bunny.

I miss UBRS, and Scholo, and Strat in the day.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2010, 01:29:19 PM »
its good to find out where the entrance is anyway ICC  and the 3 instances there can be a biatch to find when your dead and not been there before. :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2010, 01:35:48 PM »
its good to find out where the entrance is anyway ICC  and the 3 instances there can be a biatch to find when your dead and not been there before. :)

tell me about it :)

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2010, 02:01:36 PM »
Even if people have to go there once to unlock you will still have far too many going "rez plz i dont know where entrance is lolz" just because they are too damn lazy to release and run  ::)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2010, 06:05:38 AM »
well ashaar fron synch is in the cata beta.....

the lucky,lucky ba*****   :D

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2010, 01:03:58 PM »
From a 44 pages long thread on cataclysm forums:

New version of the SpellDB has been making the rounds. Look what I found

Cosmetic Slot - Helm[NYI] - Covers Helm with target armor. Will cover the appearance but not the effect of any existing helm armor. Not active in Battlegrounds or Arenas.
Cosmetic Slot - Shoulders[NYI] - Covers Shoulders with target armor. Will cover the appearance but not the effect of any existing shoulder armor. Not active in Battlegrounds or Arenas.

I might finally get a use for the Valor or lvl 60 warrior pvp set i got filling my bank slots if they add a feature to change looks of armor while keeping stats. :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2010, 03:59:53 PM »
Would be a good reason to get my pala the T2 set - best looking Pala set ever.

Anyways, Blizz just fucked over de'ing stuff for mats.  Craftables cant be de'd in Cata.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2010, 08:48:52 AM »
Oh that sucks. That was the only way i had to get something useful out of leveling tailoring, leatherworking and blacksmithing..

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2010, 04:23:29 PM »
Oh that sucks. That was the only way i had to get something useful out of leveling tailoring, leatherworking and blacksmithing..

Means Im going to have to get one of my current characters setup as an enchanter and level the profs send items to them etc now, rather than in Cata like I had planned originally.