Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Drake
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »
Looks like he is using a 5% powergrid implant. :)

yeah, my main clone has had one fitted for ages.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 07:56:55 PM »
So a 3 rigged (2xlarge CDFE and 1xmedium CDFE) drake with 2 invulns and a 2 lse II's works well in a wormhole against 5 sleeper cruisers and assorted frigate support (final wave of anomaly I just emptied) :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:58:33 PM by Mangala »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 06:04:22 AM »
so 2 midslots open?
that would mean in a group everybody could either fit 2 ewar or 1 ewar & 1 AB on each Drake = nice against gankers
im thinking targetpainters, warpdisruptors and webbers
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 06:39:36 AM »
so 2 midslots open?
that would mean in a group everybody could either fit 2 ewar or 1 ewar & 1 AB on each Drake = nice against gankers

Had an MWD and a sensor booster fitted - but that was cos im lazy and didnt want to dock to remove them and switch them out for other utility :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 09:47:29 AM »
so 2 midslots open?

Had an MWD and a sensor booster fitted - but that was cos im lazy and didnt want to dock to remove them and switch them out for other utility :)

but for PVE id say the MWD and a shield recharge thingamijig for more passive tank goodness would be gid
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 08:11:36 AM »
There has at some point been discussions here about "spider remote sensor boosting" on cruisers.

I suppose the benefit for that is best when setting up a gate-camp, no? Ie you have the camp set up, are sensor-boosting the battleships (or whatever) and wait for the pray, or did I miss something?

If so, how about a Drake with remote sensor boosters? I have got the feeling the conventional wisdom atm is that Drakes should be targeted last (as they tend to be very good at taking punishment), what about taking that rumour into account, and make the Drake such a sensor booster? For example_

[support]
Damage Control I
Ballistic Control System II
Power Diagnostic System II

Remote Sensor Booster I,Scan Resolution
Remote Sensor Booster I,Scan Resolution
Large Shield Extender I
Invulnerability Field I
Invulnerability Field I
10MN MicroWarpdrive I

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I,Terror Assault Missile
Small Remote Hull Repair System I

(Where the remote hull repair system is of course off-line, and is supposed to be used afterwards on who ever the sucker was that nearly died in the fleet ;) )

The HAM's could just as well be changed for HML's if the intention is to engage from a distance, but might be just as well fit a Caracal then, as Caracals can shoot missiles from a much longer range (the Drake is IMO more of a "in your face, punk" -type ship, but I may be mistaken of course). With Swuuls skills the above has ~43.8k EHP and is cap-stable with the MWD off (and with all whistles and bells on (minus the remote hull repper) can run for almost 4 minutes before running cap dry. The remote sensor boosters give a 67.5% boost to scan-resolution, what ever that means (I am *still* not entirely sure what different percentages mean in different situations), but I presume it would be quite a noticeable scan resolution bonus.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
A group of ships (say 3 BC's) with 1 with regular sensor booster and the other 2 with RSB's could really do well in a camp situation.  The other 2 boost the one with the standard SB, which is fitting a couple of utility meds - faction point/webs etc to allow for pinning at range.  Overheat helps too.

[Drake, triple sentry]

10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Large Shield Extender II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II
[empty med slot]
[empty med slot]

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Terror Assault Missile
Small Remote Armor Repair System

Medium Core Defence Field Purger I

Drones could be combat or reppers. Ship will tank sentries if needed (in case of lowsec gate camps/station camps :D) but will also tank the shit out of most everything else.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 10:42:23 AM by Mangala »

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 12:26:14 PM »
So the idea would be that the boosted Drake opens fire (as it will have a ridiculously fast targeting speed, if I get this right) and/or scrambles the target, and then the two others join in (as soon as they get a lock on the target)?

Sounds cool. If you want to try this in practice, count me in (although I won't (yet) be able to fit all the T2 stuff in your example) :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 12:30:26 PM »
The utilityboat will get primaried like a hot blonde though...  ::)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 12:38:22 PM »

id never primary the "hot blonde" give me a sexy redhead with a big rack any day.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 12:46:59 PM »

id never primary the "hot blonde" give me a sexy redhead with a big rack any day.
that's why you dont play eve anymore...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 12:49:02 PM »

Utility fit them all, give the attackers/trapee's a choice of what should they rape first, either way the drake will take them a while to eat through, allowing (if you have it), other support to jump in from nearby and burn to your gate/belt/site of a fight etc.

mmm Draek gangs....

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 12:49:24 PM »

that's why you dont play eve anymore...

Bhaalgorn with a rack of neuts :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 12:50:28 PM »
The utilityboat will get primaried like a hot blonde though...  ::)
But isn't the idea of Mang that they all are basically similar, just that one opens up fire before the rest because it will have way faster time to lock the target? Or did I misunderstand?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 12:51:11 PM »
But isn't the idea of Mang that they all are basically similar, just that one opens up fire before the rest? Or did I misunderstand?

Yes pretty much, with the option of rsb's fit on all boats, each boat can effectivly do this - spiderboost each other.