Author Topic: Alliance - IRC  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Alliance - IRC
« on: January 28, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »
OOoo - I wasn't sure I was supposed to see this forum so I'd not looked.

Shiney...

Ok - I've spoke with 2 of their named contacts so far - just a general chat.
They asked that I contact Oldma (ingame) and also send an email to their application email account (attached to next post).
I have their contacts in my address book which is open - so I can see when they're online.

The application process involves an inteview on Vent (time to be arranged when I chat with Oldma in-game) with Oldma and I guess some other funkies.

Regarding forum Opsec - I've PM'd Beo to ask for an email address I can mail the module to.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 03:38:44 PM by Rubino »

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Alliance - IRC
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 03:28:34 PM »
Hi Dibrle,

I was hoping to catch you in-game to discuss the prospect of Ma’Adim Logistics joining the Intrepid Crossing Alliance.

A little about us:
We’re a group of generally good friends from Europe who have known each other on various games & sites for years and have slowly turned friend into Eve fanatics.
We’ve been working well together for some time and in eve we’re about 50/50 Industrial/PvP.

On the industrial side we’re mostly into Capital Ship Production with the intention of producing Freighters, Capital Industrials, Carriers, Dreads and their supplies(fighters, etc) with our longer term plan for the next 6 months is to move into Mothership production.  While we do produce other ships – currently it’s mostly aimed at corporation members and not really for external markets.

On the PvP side our Killboard stats can be found here: http://www.handsofjustice.co.uk/maadikb/?a=corp_detail and currently operating at around 95% efficiency.  As you’ll see from the KB we’ve plenty of recent PvP activity.  The corp also funds less experienced members to attend the Agony PvP courses to help them get to grips with combat.  We’re proactive in encouraging all our members to saddle up and engage and have decent attendance.   We have a broad spectrum of ship types we cover – from tacklers, HICs, HACs, dictors, covert ops to BS pilots.  We have a corp subsidy programme which allows pilots to field decent & well fitted ships – and we actively encourage players to build their skill-plans methodically to take best advantage of what they fly.

We are Carrier/Dread capable – and we have our own carriers & dreads to field.  We’ll also encourage members to head towards capital ships and expect more capital capable pilots coming online in the next few months.

We run strict background checks on any potential or new applicant – and we’ve implemented Eve API based Opsec on our community forums where we check the employment, account and financial background of any and all applicants.

We also have a sister corp comprised of alts for High-Sec R&D dealing with the BP side of our construction business, invention, etc – and currently prepping for reverse engineering and Tech 3 due in the March 10th Expansion.

We’ve done our research and we’re impressed with Intrepid Crossing – we feel we would be an asset to the alliance and seek the opportunity to prove ourselves and build a long term relationship.

Feel free to contact me in-game or via mail.  I look forward to hearing from you,

Red 7
Diplomat - Ma’Adim Logistics
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 08:42:44 PM by Mangala »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 04:26:30 PM »
I have a reply with an application form:

Impressive, but looks like you are a very small corp.  Your KB lists only 13 known pilots, with only 4 on KB.  We are really looking for 50+ with 4-10 dreads right now.  See attached info/app sheet.  However, you might want to consider keeping your corp alive with an alt and applying for AWE membership to get into 0.0.

Good luck.

To which my reply was:

Thanks for the reply Dib.  I’ll pass it on to the others within our management and chat about the options.
While we are smaller than the corps you prefer – we are a good & strong team.  We work well with others and have a good sense of community that I think will benefit both sides.

The POS requirements you have aren’t an issue and we’re pretty much prepared already with this in mind.  The other rules that you outline appear fair, straightforward and parallel the approach we general have within our corp.

If there’s any wiggle-room in the corp size requirements – let me know and I’d submit a formal application.

Regards,

Red

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 04:34:55 PM »
And another:

Red,
  Wiggle room easier with caps.  :)

Dib

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 04:51:21 PM »
And another:

Red,
  Wiggle room easier with caps.  :)

Dib

That sucks, but seems indicative of the current state of things out in null - POS warfare and all that is associated with it is the norm, and being able to participate in that sort of effort doesnt surprise me as being looked upon more favourably, than merely being organised, willing and able to shoto stuff in regular ships and so on.

However, you might want to consider keeping your corp alive with an alt and applying for AWE membership to get into 0.0.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No seriously.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'd like us to keep some independence, pure and simple really, and joining an entity as a corp rather than grunts in the masses is preferable to me over what Dib presented to you Rub. And the fact that I really cant do or have an interest in, peon/regular member type stuff, I know others can and do, but just not me really.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »
Aye - the problem currently is that to move an entrenched force takes a large amount of fire-power.
With the current mechanic there's little option other than pure damage - and hence dreads.
I'm not a fan of dreads - carriers have far more versitility imho.

I'm not, and I doubt anybody else is, interested in just having Ma'Adim as an alt corp.

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 05:26:57 PM »
I'm not, and I doubt anybody else is, interested in just having Ma'Adim as an alt corp.

Agreed, though arguably it is my alt corp ;-)
However, I can put Jiminy in a dread inside 30 days if we go that way, and Wari Herre within 90.
So tell him 2 dreads, and we can have another 2 in 90 days.

Also, point out that we focus on cap *ship* construction, so as well as being able to have dread pilots, we can also have dreads. Something that's in short supply.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 02:02:40 PM »
Just an update - using their template that I attached to an earlier post here - I have posted a formal application. 

Regarding the number of cap pilots:

Number of members who can fly caps:
Currently: 2
Within 90 days: +2
Within 150 days: +2
(Expected total of 6 within the coming 6 months excluding new chars)

The current number of cap pilots would be the sticking point - but I'm hoping the carrot is enough.
I'm pretty sure I can have another cap alt ready in the the 150 days - probably within 90 days.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 05:58:18 PM »
You might get a convo Beo from one of the IRC representatives about the application and hopefully an invite to an interview on Vent.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 07:42:13 AM »
It cant be tonight as I want to focus on this thing with our corpies, not be sidetracked and silent on voice as this is going on. They'll need to give us some times and we''ll have to see when we can do this?

What would I be saying to them though? Dont want to be promising stuff then not delivering and such?

Can you also c&p the info sheet they mention earlier?

As to the cap pilot figures - which chars in the corp are going that way? and do we know exactly what line of caps etc? (If its any of mine, then they'll need removing from a possible count, they are all reskilling towards smaller ships - at largest the orca, for small gang work in W-Space)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 08:03:22 AM by Mangala »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 11:37:15 AM »
I've no idea if/when or who (You or I) they will contact.  There will be a general discussion about our corp, being in the alliance, showing understanding & commitment to the alliance goals/ideals, etc.
I've no email response from them so far - so I'm working on the premise that no-news isn't a no.  Realistically I would expect a no - depends really on a lot of factors and a dash of luck.
They do rent their space out but I don't think it's a great idea for us.  (1) It dimishes "buy-in" on our side, (2) It's damn expensive at around 1b/month (negotiable).  They nolonger rent space.

I've 2 chars that are on their way to carrier - my mining alt via the Rorqual (large skill overlap) is aiming to the Nidhiggur and my scout alt (which may get a little distracted polishing off a few skills along the way) is aiming to the Chimera.  Both can jump into the ship in 90 days with a further 30 days (approx) needed for the supporting skills.

We may find that with the new char creation process some things change that will make a large dent into the training time for caps (really hoping they boost the learning skills and credit the SP back to player).  Would love some more info on this.

Will copy & paste the info sheet to the next post on this thread.

Besides the obvious advantages of being in 0.0, 0.0 experience & practice for the guys, corp income, etc - there is a big advantage of 0.0 regarding WH space.  System sec status affects the quality of the WH and the W-Space that it connects to.  While we have 0.4 aound the corner that's not "too" harsh - I'd rather we stack that odds in our favour for some decent W-Space access with a high bandwidth WH.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:40:21 AM by Rubino »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 11:38:42 AM »
IRC/IRP Corporate Application for Membership Information Sheet

Last updated: 2/1/2009 12:37:27 PM

We are generally looking for corporations in the 50-70 member range so that they will be able to handle 0.0, which would include establishing and maintaining at least a couple of large POSes, fully defended, help protect the region, and engage in the other corporate duties listed below. We are particularly interested in capital ship pilots, especially corporations with Dreads.

An alternative is also to consider joining AWE, which can get you into IRC and its executor corporation.  Your old corporation could be maintained with an alt.  We might want your members to pass through our recruiting arm, Progenitor Corporation, for security checks, etc.

Before we could consider your application, we would need the following information:

Your Character Name and any other “leaders”
Corp. Names
Alt. Corps?
Alliance name, if any
No. of members
No. online during prime time
Your prime time
Total real members without alts
Number of capital ships and types
Number of members who can fly caps
Experience in 0.0
How long have corp. members been together
Main goals
Commitment to IRC Rules and Manifesto

IRC Corporate Membership Rules  (For Applicants – no links)

IRC Corporate Rules & Policies – Summary
1  Respect & follow IRC Rules and Policies
2  Make IRC space primary home
3  Defend area and participate in IRC actions
4  Respect Alliance Standings (No shooting Allies & friends)
5  No piracy, smacktalk, name calling, disrespect
6  NBSI in 7-KXBJ and pipeline to Empire only
7  Use AWE Ventrilo
8  Watch your language on Ventrilo/TS.  We have members with wives and kids listening in.
9 TS/Vent Discipline strictly enforced on fleet ops
10 Use IRC Refineries no unauthorized refinery arrays; no jumping ores or alloys to Empire
11 Alliance Mail for CEOs, Leads, and important IRC announcements, not for general opinions, chat, etc.
12 Intel channels for intel only, not general chat
13 Jump Bridges MUST be refueled on every use
14  Will generally be assigned a primary, not exclusive, area
15  Maintain 2 DeathStar POSes where designated and other POSes in primary area
16 No personal POSes, all are Alliance
17 Only authorized and taxed moon mining
18 AWE will offer to buy all ore and alloy at forum prices*
19 Do not buy Ore or Alloys from AWE members. Report any attempts to HC.*
20 AWE will supply most T1 ships at forum prices **
21 Follow general market rules of fairness and for best interest of alliance
22 No selling at more than 25% over ave. Empire (e.g., Eve-Central.com, Jita, or Oursulaert)
     prices for items over 1M  ( a little higher reasonable markup OK on smaller items)
23 No price gouging
24 No buying from IRC market or contracts and re-selling at higher price
25 Contribute to occasional Alliance projects
26 Cooperate and work together; we are a team and help each other!
27 Contact leadership at any time if you have any questions
28 Bookmark & make trusted site in game: --------------------- ***
29 More info on IRC forums: http://forums.intrepidcrossing.org/
30 Never post tactical, strategic, or economic information in open forums.
31 Posts in EVE forums should be done with an eye to what an enemy might learn.  Generally, CAOD posts should be avoided.  Let the diplomats and CEOs handle.

*     Optional for non-AWE members; non-AWE members not required to sell ores & alloys to AWE
                      (AWE members must sell all ores and alloys to AWE Corporation)
**   Optional and subject to mineral availability.  Anyone may sell ships, mods, ammo, etc per guidelines
*** Links to http:--------------------------

The IRC Manifesto
Actual Announcement
2/1/2009 12:37:27 PM

IRC has done what no one ever expected us to do.  We have risen from the bottom of the alliances, driven out of Feythabolis by BoB, fleet decimated and all but destroyed, traversed to a new area, built our Outposts, bought or fought for our territory, and are now the 4th largest  alliance in Eve. That's an amazing accomplishment.  However, our rapid rise and expansion was not without cost.  Besides the financial and personal toll of long hours and the inability to do anything but build IRC, we lost some of the cohesiveness and sense of community and unity that has always been the hallmark of IRC.   We now rededicate ourselves to our primary goals: to build a strong 0.0 alliance capable of incredible industrial might, but also one in which "everybody fights" to protect our home and strengthen IRC!    The goal is to become a true, respected power in Eve, capable of building everything through supercaps and taking and holding whatever space we call our own.  To that end, we introduce the “new IRC” and proclaim this IRC Manifesto.

The focus of the new IRC will be on the pilots.  But make no mistake - those pilots will not be coddled or handled with kid gloves.  Rather, the pilots in the new IRC will be subject to a set of lofty expectations, but will be assured that their fellow pilots will be measured by the same set of rules.  We will assemble pilots that like to fight together, like to "carebear" together, and have common shared goals.  These pilots will be people that you want to be with in TS/Vent, for whom you are willing to subsume your own personal goals so that the overall objectives can be met.  Our pilots must be focused on the group goals of the alliance first, followed by corporation goals, then personal goals.  Each human alliance member will be expected to contribute as *both* a combat participant *and* as a member of our industrial operations.

IRC members must be characterized by a willingness to stand up for what we believe in, even if it means fighting strong opponents.  We will not sacrifice our honor and self-respect, which follow us outside of this game, for some fleeting game-world objective.  We will put personal relationships and friendships ahead of petty in-game disputes.  We will maintain respect for the *people* behind the EVE-online accounts, friend or foe, and together will go out and have Fun.

IRC will be characterized by the following:

1.  Strong, centralized leadership.  IRC has always been a dictatorship, but that will become much more obvious on a day-to-day basis.  We will have a smaller number of corporations, run by leaders who believe 100% in the vision of the new IRC, and are willing to push their pilots to make us stronger.  Those corporations have not been chosen ahead of time - we expect our current CEOs and directors to come forward, and convince us that you have what it takes to be part of the new IRC and that your goals are our goals.

2.  Recruiting and security procedures will be much more rigorous. All new recruits for all IRC corporations must go through a period with a certified alliance training arm and meet specific criteria before graduating on to the IRC corporation of his or her choice.  More stringent security procedures will be used, including security audits using the limited API key for all members, and full API key reviews for anyone with control over alliance infrastructure.  These reviews will be continuous, with all members expected to maintain limited API keys "on file" with their corporate and alliance leadership.
3.  All alliance members will be given concrete, measurable expectations in terms of skill training for their individual characters.  Every human member of IRC, without exception, will be expected to maintain characters able to contribute to *both* the combat and industrial goals of the alliance.  While a character may be a "dedicated" PvPers or "dedicated" industrialists, the person behind the character must also have an alt. capable of meeting the criteria for the other category.  Everyone will contribute, in some way, to both the industrial core of the alliance and our ability to operate as an effective military unit.

4.  We will set the bar high, and penalties will be administered in a way that preserves the dignity of our members, while still providing a deterrent.  We will adopt a "(no more than) three strikes and you're out" mindset and will not tolerate people who *intentionally* disregard either the letter or spirit of the law.

5.  We will be one alliance team, not a collection of scattered corporate teams.  Corporations will retain individual goals and cultures, but will be expected to participate together in voice communications.  There will be far fewer TS channels and most individual corporate channels will be abolished.  The channels will be divided primarily by activity, not corporate membership.  Mining and combat operations will, to the greatest extent practical, be joint, and we will maintain a culture of inclusion, rather than exclusion and cliquishness.  "Private" voice communications servers will not be tolerated.

6.  We will have stated alliance goals for the short-, mid- and long-term.  While we desire input and suggestions on these goals and their implementation, the decisions rest with Oldma & Dibrle.  Individuals also will be expected to set goals for themselves, and be held accountable for meeting them.  The goals will be difficult, and we will expect everyone in the new IRC to work hard to meet them.

7.  Dedicated Alliance ops.  To be in the new IRC, means that you put the Alliance first.  And you put yourself last.  Individual corporations will have a diminished role.  When we call a CTA (which will be a limited to special circumstances) 100% attendance of those online is expected and, if you are not usually online, a CTA means that you try to log in to help anyway.  Other IRC Ops will be called for "Alliance needs" whether that be mining, or combat, or transport.  Participation of all who are online is mandatory; it is not acceptable to say you want to mine or rat instead of help fight because you need the ISK.

8.  Our alliance communications will be characterized by maturity, discipline, and respect.  Everyone will know and enforce discipline in voice and chat communications, and will participate actively in the out-of-game forum.  Criticism will be constructive, and we will always remain aware that there is a person behind the words, a person who is on our team.

Additional details will be given as things are fleshed out, but these are the basic tenets of the new IRC. 
We intend to provide a place within IRC for all who genuinely share our vision for the new IRC.

Oldma
Dibrle

In the past we have allowed renting through a sister alliance.  This has been discontinued until further notice.

IRC Renters Rules
Rules as of June 13, 2008
***RENTING DISCONTINUED****

Just for Renters:
POSs, two per system max
No assigned systems
No ratting/mining in station system
No ratting/mining in X-9 constellation
Refine at refinery
Prices:  1-99, 1 bil a month; 100-200, 2 bil a month, etc. (Some flexibility on rent)
Offices: 30 million a month
No moon mining of top end tiers, lower levels, possible, but requires per moon approval and will be taxed same as IRC corps.
1 POS allowed in 3J (office system) if renting an office.
Subject to basic IRC Rules & Policies not specifically directed to IRC corp. members
Will have access to a regional channel with IRC
Must help defend area
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 08:43:02 PM by Mangala »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 08:22:39 PM »
From Dibrle, Co-Founder, AWE Corporation & IRC Recruitment Diplomat

I fear you are still a little small for us right now.  As I think I mentioned, you might want to consider merging into one of our corps or joining AWE or waiting a bit until you have a few more dreads and PvPers.  In any event, good luck.  Feel free to check back in a month or so if you are still looking.  Things do change….

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 08:24:48 PM »
Dear small corp.

You suck cos you cant POS warfare all day.

Bye

Thats what that reads like.

Good riddance. (Yes I really dont want to shoot poses, at all, ever)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 08:26:50 PM »
Aye - too much focus on dreads rather than what the corp will bring as a whole.