Author Topic: An idea: "spider" sensor boosting  (Read 733 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
An idea: "spider" sensor boosting
« on: July 26, 2009, 12:45:08 PM »
I had an idea (probably not new) about having small cheep ships sensorboost large expensive ones.
The remote booster is more effective than a same meta normal sensorbooster, for t2 the normal one is 60% and the remote 81%.
Main reason is that the sensor boosters take up valuable slots in the bigger ships.
I have no idea if this works or not in real but I made a fit with a bellicose for this kind of work.

[Bellicose, support cruiser]
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Remote Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

It gets 19.9k ehp.

It should be cheep and will probably not be primaried in a fleet fight. Also has some cpu and grid to spare but don't know what else to fit on it as this is an idea.

The fit could support up to 3 battleships which would replace 1 sensor booster on each and give better range, or fewer and replace more of the boosters.

In return especially shield tanking ships would benefit from being able to fit more tank and survive longer. So what do the more experienced people think?
Could this work for real?

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: An idea: "spider" sensor boosting
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »
Heh, the title made me think: if remotes work better than normals, it would also do to fit remotes on BS crews.
Wouldnt free up a mid in BS though. So still like the idea of the support cruiser. As said ingame, Blackbird would rule the waves with it's 6 midslots  ;)

Highslot(s) could be used for remote repper(s)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »
Yep, i've thought about that as well. Problem is that you would still need to fit 2 boosters on each ship and need the effect of 2 on each bs so the benefit would be smaller.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 04:02:41 PM »
Sure one of the t1 or even a t2 loggy type boat gets bonuses for this, but even if one doesnt, its a damn good idea :)

I used to get them from a Claymore pilot in l4's, really helped me with my tank and kept my range super duper ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."