Author Topic: frig PvP OP - postponed  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
frig PvP OP - postponed
« on: April 15, 2009, 09:15:21 AM »
After all high strung expectations of moving to 0.0, I think we now find it is not all as easy as we hoped. Living in 0.0 brings about some extra stress: a lot of logistics, stuff is hard to get by and a lot of changes in general that we have to adapt to. The drawback of this all is that ppl may loose some of the fun they have in this game.
To compensate that I thought we might do some pvp roaming, be it in fountain or in surrounding lowsec.

So I was thinking of organizing a pvp roam tomorrow, thursday at 1800 EvE-time.

I hope a lot of you will attend!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:54:38 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: frig PvP OP
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:42:51 AM »
Ok, some extra info.

- I can FC, unless there are ppl with more ingame and/or personal FC skills.
- We WILL loose ships. I would like to see a fearless roam, not caring what we loose; our target is to kill ships, nothing else matters.
- For this reason, I would like to fly frigs, they cost virtually nothing.
- Also, try to fit as much meta 0 items as fit allows. These items arent as good, but replacing them is easier. This will remove the stress of module scarcity. Our strength will be in numbers (i hope). Doing 10 more dps as an individual is not as important as doing the combined dps as a group. Same goes for E-war.
- Make 2-4 similar fittings and base em in top-station in YZ (there is a clone bay there)
- I will buy and donate minerals to our builder(s) if more frigs need to be build.
- For this reason, if you participate, plz state below what frig you intend to fly. I will then check if enough ships are in the corp and if not, will arrange to have more built by the builders. Ofc, this cant be done on last notice, so decide asap.
- Also, try to state a rough setup on your ship. For setup requirements, see below.
- If you haven't already, or need a brush-up, plz read the 'flight-course' and 'E-war' articles here.
- I will not let a whole group wait for one person. Our latest departure is 18:05 EvE-time. If you are late, you will have to catch up with us solo.
- BE ON VOICE Preferably ventrillo. If you really cant use ventrillo, state it below asap. We could divert to TS, if we can use Mang's server (but then everybody will need to have that) or in the other case we will use EVE-voice. Most important is that you can hear the FC, no need to have a mic (it's more fun though if you have). If you can't be on voice, don't bother to join the fleet, cause all commands will go over voice.

Set-up:
- Have either an AB or MWD installed. We will hit bubbles and you want to be able to get out soon.
- Dont bother with tank (too much). Frigs are thin paper. Thin paper with a tank is still thin paper. Use your slots in an offensive way.
- Fit at least one E-war module. What we need are tacklers (warp disruptors and scramblers, stasis webifiers, combined with MWD - AB is too slow) and jammers (ECM, preferably racials, preferably fitted by Griffin's - I will have them built if ppl are willing to fly these (plz!) cause they might be in short supply atm). What also might be handy are tracking disruptors, combined with 'Tracking Speed Disruption' scripts. Sensor dampeners... only if combined with 'Scan Resolution Dampening' scripts. These are all mid slot modules.
- Fit your low slots with speed- and damage-enhancing modules mostly. Maybe a damage control.

Again: plz post what you will fly and in general what E-war you will use. I might ask ppl to switch to something else if we have an inbalanced group.

Oh yeah, we assemble inside YZ VI M19 station.

And oh yeah, if you think these notes are too much control freakish, ignore them  :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:14:03 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:08:34 AM »
I'd love to join, but i am kind of busy tomorrow evening..

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 11:28:19 AM »
My fit will consist of a rifter with an AB, a warp disruptor, a statis webifier and a small nosferatu.
speed ~1200, dps 57

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 11:28:30 AM »
Brothers are here visiting so will probably not be able to join up. Would have otherwise.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 11:42:16 AM »
Also made a Griffin fit, can fit AB, 3 racial ECMs (cap stable with AB & 2 running) and a signal distortion amplifier in the lows (will need to train electronic warfare to III for that).
ECM is long range (>20km), dps is short range (~6km), but not really good anyway (28  :D). Speed ~800

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 11:45:27 AM »
I'd love to join, but i am kind of busy tomorrow evening..
Brothers are here visiting so will probably not be able to join up. Would have otherwise.

Don't worry, there will be more ops like this, if I can help it. If enough ppl subscribe for tomorrow, I would like to have a go anyway. If not, we'll reschedule.
It was short notice anyway. Thought I'd just give it a go.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 12:24:22 PM »
I should be able to make it providing the wheel doesnt come off at work.

At the moment (providing i have the bits or can source them locally in fountain) im looking at running a Merlin with the following
multi spec ecm
warp scrambler (hopefully the ecm will help me get in close enough to use the scrambler  ::) )
1mn mw drive (2175 m/s with it on)
2 rocket launchers
2 small nosferatu
cap stable with everything on or with either just the scrambler or ecm and neither nosferatu running.
with everything on but no nos my capacitor will still last 3 mins so ive got a bit of breathing space.

A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 05:20:13 PM »
Nice idea.

I Shall endeavour to be there in something :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 12:50:56 PM »
postponed due to lack of interest/availability

i will be away the next couple of evenings, but i encourage you to set up things like this yourself
we all make or break this corp

i will plan stuff like this for the next week...
to be announced
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:52:49 PM by Warcold »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 12:54:01 PM »
I'd be up for something like this - just don't have the energy at the mo.
With the patch today also nobody is sure when the server will be back & fully operational - and when it's back there's the new changes to checkout :)

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865