Author Topic: Tracer the Warden and Whitehill the Minstrel  (Read 6271 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Tracer the Warden and Whitehill the Minstrel
« on: November 16, 2008, 06:33:16 AM »
Characters & Classes:

Tracer the Warden, level 0
Whitehill the Minstrel, level 8

Finland

Timezone:

+3 CET

Gaming Style:

Some weeks I play a lot, others I play very little if at all. Sometimes I have a very early shift, which means I have to get to bed very early the previous night, but might log on quite early next day.

About you:

You prolly know me from the WAR HoJ guild :)

I have created a Minstrel called Whitehill (currently level 8  8) ) on Snowbourne. The reason is that I wanted to see how active the server seems to be (and to collect hides etc).

On 18th (or possibly 19th, if unable to log in on 18th) I shall create a Warden called Tracer.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Tracer the Warden and Whitehill the Minstrel
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 10:38:39 PM »
Would be good to have a little company for my alts as your Warden gets higher.

Cannot promise I'll be very active in LOTRO - three mmo's right now, even if one is a lifetime sub - but I'll make an effort given that you are doing as much in rolling on Snowbourn to play with people from here; especially as I have so much to do in Middle Earth before I think of even hitting Moria :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 10:43:49 PM »
im prob the most active in LOTRO though im not in HoJ over there (i still upkeep the kin house though:)  )

im always glad to help/ offer advice etc
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 10:45:58 PM »
im prob the most active in LOTRO though im not in HoJ over there (i still upkeep the kin house though:)  )

im always glad to help/ offer advice etc

And for that I am grateful.

I try to do when I do log from time to time, but you have usually beaten me to it :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 04:32:34 PM »
aye usually part of my sunday routine when i log in :)

pay upkeep then kill some orcs.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 04:33:37 PM »
aye usually part of my sunday routine when i log in :)

pay upkeep then kill some orcs.

I just paid first week of January I think :)

Was on to check mail, and played my Captain for a couple of quests, just to see how it looks with my new improved rig - not much change as I already played on max!

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 06:04:57 PM »
tracer i have recently returned to lotro have a lvl 17 warden at the moment

i did log onto my hoj toon and besides ppl login in 4 or five days ago when the xpack came out.

most ppl in the guild have not logged into the game for a couple of hundred days so if your going to continue in lotro i would maybe look for a more active guild.

unless you just want a home for your toon then pester beo for a invite.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 06:26:31 PM »
As i said the only active player in Hoj is my RL mate, and hes been on hols since Sun.

If HoJ was getting busier as ive said previously i would come back over, just being the only player on and wanting to fight the Rog made more sense for me to join a more active Kin.

but feel free to annoy any of my guys in game

Caradir   (51 chump)
Eldalion   (51 huntard)
Gladin       (45 meat shield)
Beornagar   (51 Banner bearer)
Polo            (42 with a minty breath and a stringed instrument)   
Eldranion      (7 Runekeeper)
Lorgo         (12 Hoplite )
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 08:13:32 PM by Caradir »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 08:01:16 PM »
What they said really^

I log on very occasionally at the moment - down to rl more than anything.

I do want to get more into it again - want to see Moria, and keep on with the epic story more than anything. Finding the time between WAR, EVE, life stuff (christmas season is always a biggie socially, more so now I have clients to get a little merry with...) and so on is proving difficult.

I'd look for a more active bunch of people, but add beosvir, viradan, pedesvir, caelumvir, and vira to your friends list and we'll get stuff done when we co-incide.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 01:50:11 PM »
I've been away for the weekend, but I'll add to my friends list the names Caradir provided. My warden Tracer is now level 16, been taking it slow and explored all the new things in newbie areas (there seems to be quite a lot of new things in the game even in the lowbie areas, compared to spring 2007 (beta and righ after release) when I've last explored those areas :)  My plan is to do chapter 10 and 11 (of book 1) tonight, hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to find a PUG for them :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 03:02:52 PM »
chapter 10 is definetly soloable now they made it a LOT easier, 11 is small fellowship so all you need is 3 :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 06:52:01 PM »
chapter 10 is definetly soloable now they made it a LOT easier, 11 is small fellowship so all you need is 3 :)
Really? In that case I need to try to solo 10 then :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »
aye, if you survive the bird onslaught at the start the named is easy, they toned him down think hes a siggy now.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 06:05:55 AM »
Yep, was very easy now. Chapter 11 has been toned down a lot too, zerged through it with a hunter and rune-keeper. I remember wiping there with a full "perfect" group (guardian, minstrel, champion x2, captain and burglar) before we got the tactics fine-tuned for the final battle in chapter 11.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 01:10:18 PM »
As i said to you yesterday :) since release they toned down a lot of the early zones to reduce the "forced" grouping issues (just dont talk to Beo about old forest hes really pissed about how easy it is now). As soon as you hit Lone Lands and North Downs youll see they havent really changed much there ,and well, Angmar (East after book 6)is horribly weighted to group quests (which to this day is my only complaint about the game as theyve pretty much polished it well since release)

Moria makes up for it all it is gorgeous, huge, dark and feels awesome mood wise. Less forced grouping (so far) but thats not to say it aint hard, and the advent of 3 man instances is all good :)