Author Topic: Darn - Bright Wizard  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Darn

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Darn - Bright Wizard
« on: September 30, 2008, 08:58:44 AM »
Characters & Classes:
Currently I have one character. Darn is a rank 15 Bright Wizard (with rank 13 renown).

What can I say about Darn... Well, Darn is a re-incarnation of my WoW character which was a fire mage. He is quite suicidal (he tends to keep his combustion high, even though he knows he can lower it) and isn't affraid to sacrifice himself for the good of the group. In fact, I think the "you have been slain by Darn" text log shows up at least once a day...

In fact, one of my favourite contributions, in capture the flag type of scenarios is to run along with the flag carrier and "root" the enemies that show up. This course of action of course generates alot of hate in that scenario and I end up dead soon...

Timezone:
GMT

Gaming Style:
Currently I'm playing casually, although I admit I was a WoW addict. I usually pick up the mage/wizard careers in RPGs and speciallly the ones which involve fire spells as my first character. I also try other classes but in a less commited (as in, I don't feel the urge of raising them to the highest level) way

In my previous MMORPG (WoW) I played some PvE and some PvP with Darn, also spending some time leveling my host of alts.

PS: I also like dwarves, they provide good meat shields so I can throw some fireballs from the back. As long as you guys are alive in the front you can count on me being right behind you ;)

About you:
I work at an IT company as a programmer. At night I usually play some games, read science fiction / fantasy books. I like George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series which are being translated into portuguese. I have seen the man in person and got an autograph (rot in envy :P)

I played WoW with Dehn, Jarkko, Hrodgar, Kahzar and Deli. They are all witnesses to my crazy suicidal game style. I don't know how they put up with me, really I don't :P

Why I want to join? For one, all the people I know that play the game are playing. From our meeting place I have heard good things from you guys (Jarkko is the guilty one). I miss the group/team socializing experience, as my PvP until now has consisted mainly on solo scenarios.

Questions for us?
I cannot promise to play a lot each week. I can't even promise I won't go back to playing WoW when its expansion comes up. But while I am here I am a commited, generally helpful and friendly guy. (Except for destruction players, not friendly towards them at all :P)

PS: I shamelessly copied some parts of Deli's application. Hope you don't mind ;)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Darn - Bright Wizard
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:07:01 AM »
welcome darn

song of ice and fire great books the only critique of GEORGE RR MARTIN is he is too damn slow at writing the books.

you know the drill by now contact beosvir gladin or keggi ingame for an invite :)

Offline Peter

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 11:13:49 AM »
PS: I shamelessly copied some parts of Deli's application. Hope you don't mind ;)
Contact my lawyer: Pistols at dawn.

Offline Darn

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 11:15:01 AM »
you know the drill by now contact beosvir gladin or keggi ingame for an invite :)

Seems when I got home you guys weren't online.

These past few days I've been arriving home at 20:45 CET and still have to eat dinner, so when I log noone is around...

So at the latest I may find you during the weekend.

Offline Peter

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 02:28:14 PM »
Darn, you can also try to check for one of our old crowd (some are late night owls) and we'll patch you through to an officer should one be online. :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
Darn, I'm occasionally on an alt (see sig!).

If not follow Peter's advice above :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Darn

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 05:03:56 PM »
Darn, I'm occasionally on an alt (see sig!).

If not follow Peter's advice above :)

Yes, I also added your alts. I asked the highest level online char of your guild if any officer was online on an alt to which he answered that no.

Work can't be always like this and as I said, there are always weekends :)