Author Topic: DC Universe Online  (Read 38722 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Online
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »
well if they dont sort their shit out fast they will lose even the influx of freebies.

Lag everywhere mobs not taking damage evn though handing tehma  fair beatdown, unable to interact with mission opjectives stupid hold "e" messages all teh fucking time :S
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2011, 05:42:10 PM »
The one contingency SOE never planned for: people wanting to play their games
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2011, 09:16:56 PM »
The majority of negative reviews I've seen for this game cite that its controls are designed for a console-type controller, not a mouse and keyboard. How legitimate is this gripe? Because I suck beyond measure when it comes to a console-type controller. There is literally no point whatsoever to me downloading and trying this game if the controls only really work in a console-type controller configuration.

I happen to still retain a certain love for the old superhero genre and I'd like to give this game a go. But it's a lot of downloading for something I will instantly loathe.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2011, 09:22:28 PM »
Pad is easier, but m/k works alot better when you give it a proper go.  I have tried both while playing this on and off since release, and m/k just lets me do more at once imo. Also the whole able to talk and not have to use voice activation is grand too :)

There is also enough options for reconfiguring keys that you can mess around till you are happy, I think pad users are screwed on that front.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:26:34 PM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2011, 10:05:39 PM »
m/k is superior as youd imagine, yeah the ui and controls are obviously "dumbed down" for console but the game is actually fun
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2011, 10:50:24 AM »
yes i am also tempted to try this but the majority of opinion on here seems to suggest its not worth it?

laters elv

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2011, 11:52:09 AM »
Generally its a good well polished product, but SOE just didnt forsee the interest so itcan be laggyfor some, servers are up and down fast etc

Its free so not much harm can come from giving it a go.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
Generally its a good well polished product, but SOE just didnt forsee the interest so itcan be laggyfor some, servers are up and down fast etc

Its free so not much harm can come from giving it a go.

what he said

Sony would be foolish not to be taking serious action to resolve current issues.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2011, 01:41:30 PM »
yes i am also tempted to try this but the majority of opinion on here seems to suggest its not worth it?

laters elv

If you like staring at launcher screens id say it;s worth it

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2011, 02:22:32 PM »
well spank my arse and call me Maureen, i've finally got ingame. Followed a tip of moving all of the launcher files into a backup and re-installing it. Seems to work now.

My Hero's name is Kryokill. Probably easier for you guys to add me seeing as though you all have 40,000 toons  ;)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2011, 07:59:06 PM »
Why am I staring at a loading screen with Scarecrow on it? Am I queued, or is something wrong?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2011, 08:15:28 PM »
Why am I staring at a loading screen with Scarecrow on it? Am I queued, or is something wrong?

I had that a few times - one time I was there for AGES (like half an episode of the xfiles ages), so I quit client and just spammed login again, eventually got myself to character select / creation screen.

Server is hammered for want of a better word.  But once I got on this evening, its pretty lag free :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2011, 08:18:05 PM »
Also started a Lantern based character.  Except it can fly, and can the GL fly?

However all is not lost when I GET HUGE GREEN LIGHTING CLAWS OF DOOM as my first skill :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2011, 10:31:34 PM »
Also started a Lantern based character.  Except it can fly, and can the GL fly?

However all is not lost when I GET HUGE GREEN LIGHTING CLAWS OF DOOM as my first skill :D

Green lantern can do anything he puts his mind too ;) He can fly in space ffs

..as long as it doesnt involve the colour yellow. WORSE WEAKNESS EVER!!!!

Those green claws can change into different things, still not sure hoe the light combos work though :)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2011, 10:46:43 PM »
... How do you create a Green Lantern?

I am finding the game extremely enjoyable. Once I realised how to figure out where my quest zone was, after flying to the other end of the island.

Not flawless. I occasionally get bumped back a second or so. And something went wrong on the way to Gorilla Grod that I tried to solve by logging out and in, which unfortunately left me with a windowed screen I couldn't get rid of. Trying a reboot.

I also keep getting flattened by groups of three gorillas on the way to Grod. Am I right in thinking I'm soloing an instance?

I'm not very good at it yet, but awesome fun so far. Well worth the hours I spent downloading it today. I think I need to train some of my combo moves. Where's the Danger Room? Oh wait...