Author Topic: DC Universe Online  (Read 38686 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Online
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2011, 07:12:05 PM »
have resorted to plugging in controller and giving that a go
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »
ok games fucking me off again.

crashes on alt/tab if its set to fullscreen

how the fuck do i chat? (enter) and then what? i mean i can "say" but not change to hojg to actually say shit

fucking remember why i gave in on it soon after release, console ports hurt my brain.

When I get in - after a quick run around eve setting up market whorage - I'll invite you to the league if you want?  /l to chat in that.  no fucking clue for talking in a custom channel however despite it being easy to set up.

Servers been buggy since a DT at 3pm today - SOE being SOE nonshocker obviously.  Im blaming the ps3 code that has be in the pc client somewhere :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2011, 07:18:21 PM »
ok ill be on Blueshine
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2011, 07:32:28 PM »
games fucked up changes to viseo with a controller plugged in do not take effect, in fact any settings changes dont seem to , as auto camera doesnt make a difference neither does invert camers :S SONY you fucktards

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2011, 07:37:50 PM »
I went back to m/k for controlling it.

Considering the controller input was designed for a PS3 not the 360 pad to which i am used to using on windows games.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2011, 08:37:01 PM »
went back to m/k

however game is laggy and unplayable

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2011, 10:05:35 PM »
Oddly enough, I'm having none of the issues you've described Garry ;D

I've had no lag, and it's ran very smooth for me.

Also using the Xbox for Windows controller, and it works like a dream.

*shrug*

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2011, 09:11:34 AM »
Jesus there is some dumbass lazy fucks playing this.

Queued for Scarecrow event thingy, get lumbered with 1 guy who basically doesnt do a think, a healer that is trying too hard and half way competent deeps.  Endlessly wiping as none of them try to res each other when someone drops.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2011, 09:27:00 AM »
Jesus there is some dumbass lazy fucks playing this.

Queued for Scarecrow event thingy, get lumbered with 1 guy who basically doesnt do a think, a healer that is trying too hard and half way competent deeps.  Endlessly wiping as none of them try to res each other when someone drops.

yup its free so all the tards are out

Scarecrow event is exactly the same as the mission scarecrow just harder ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2011, 10:01:29 AM »
Started a villain called Mangala - mental case, joker as mentor :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2011, 10:06:28 AM »
Oh and 120k new PC signups since Tuesday.

Hopefully Smedley will understand he has to SPEND money to keep them, and get more servers back on line.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2011, 10:07:16 AM »
I downloaded the client from the games own website, all 14.1 gb of it. Tried to start it up, told me the session was invalid. Tried again, did a file check then told me i need to download another 6gb. Fuck this.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2011, 10:11:23 AM »
I downloaded the client from the games own website, all 14.1 gb of it. Tried to start it up, told me the session was invalid. Tried again, did a file check then told me i need to download another 6gb. Fuck this.

The session invalid thing you got bitten by during server wierdness, wouldnt let me login. Is all okay now however.

The other 6gb, I seemed to avoid, but it looks to be language files for other languages (lol people should all be able to read English :D). Id bear with it, its a fun pick up and play game when you cba with anything else.  Shame its got the usual SOE support to it however :(

My villainess:

« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 10:12:56 AM by Mangala »

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2011, 10:16:55 AM »
you look like one of the Incredibles

Well i'm not sure the 6gb is a vaild thing. Apaprently if downloaded from steam the 6gb patch is needed to get the latest client. But i got it from Sony's own website, and the devs in the tech forum themselves say it shouldn't need 6bg. That's nearly half the game again. It's taken me 2 days to download the game, just for it to throw this up. What a load of gash.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2011, 10:26:45 AM »
you look like one of the Incredibles

Im a happy, none emo villain.  They have to exist :)