Author Topic: DC Universe Online  (Read 28112 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: DC Universe Online
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 06:47:30 PM »
anyone played it whats it like? coh / champions retread?

laters elv

Better graphics, an actual plot, recognisable superheroes you work with and for.

But still similar in vein to coh/champions..

Imo its worth a play just for rolling though stuff with superman and batman and the green lantern etc And fighting Joker/bane and such.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 05:38:24 PM »
This goes F2P on Tuesday FYI chaps.

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/ 

(Usual link describing each level of f2p benefits or "how to make them WANT to pay")

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 10:42:27 AM »
F2P is live.

Looks pretty cool so far, a fair bit more polished than Champions Online, though much of the same thing.

I've created two toons:

Batman wannabe Wraithwing and Superman wannabe Stalwart Sentinel.

If anyone fancies a go, let me know.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 10:55:40 AM »
F2P is live.

Looks pretty cool so far, a fair bit more polished than Champions Online, though much of the same thing.

I've created two toons:

Batman wannabe Wraithwing and Superman wannabe Stalwart Sentinel.

If anyone fancies a go, let me know.

Currently redling the client, you are on the EU servers yes?

I have a few chars scattered around from the older days - and im also Legendary status at the moment too :D

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 10:57:28 AM »
EU PvE I'm on.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 11:58:49 AM »
ill patch it up and have another look maybe make use of that lifetime i have with it :S (moment of madness)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 12:28:14 PM »
It might server to stave off the boredom while we wait for SWTOR.

Also, Kevin Conroy as Batman is purest win. Best. Ever. Batman. If only in voice.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 12:41:53 PM »
what the FTP model like on this? is it as bad as EQ2's? you know with Sony being buttfucks and all ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »
WoWEE lifetime sub and having to q to get in, Sony truly do suck

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 12:45:36 PM »
The usual SOE lots of optional purchases it seems, but in some ways not as much as lotro throws at its freebie players

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/

It doesnt bother me as Im station passing the ass out of this, vanguard and planetside, so meh :)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 12:45:54 PM »
Not really got far enough into it to tell.

Only two character slots available. Not seen any restrictions costume wise that annoy me yet, been able to create the toons I wanted with no hassle so far.

Powers seem somewhat limited.

Fire, Ice, Gadgets, Magic, Mental and Nature I think. Was hoping for good old Super Strength.

Apparently you can only do missions to level 30, but again, don't know enough about the game to tell whether thats crap or not.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 12:46:20 PM »
WoWEE lifetime sub and having to q to get in, Sony truly do suck

3gb left to dl crew checking in...

Only taken 3hrs to do 11 though :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 12:46:59 PM »

Only two character slots available. Not seen any restrictions costume wise that annoy me yet, been able to create the toons I wanted with no hassle so far.

Fire, Ice, Gadgets, Magic, Mental and Nature I think. Was hoping for good old Super Strength.

Apparently you can only do missions to level 30, but again, don't know enough about the game to tell whether thats crap or not.

Think Cap is 50 and super strength may iirc be an unlockable during the levelling paths, but its been a while.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 12:56:07 PM »
See I have a massive issue with F2P....blah blah blah troll comment...

But seriously...I've toed the line with this game for a ages, is it worth me spending ages downloading on my 2.5MB connection to give it a go, or should I just save my bandwidth? Not a huge fan of superhero stuff, but the idea of getting into a superhero MMO sounds cool. Played City of Heroes once before and wasn't impressed, how does it compare?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2011, 12:57:45 PM »

IIRC at about level 10 you open up the Mentor path of powers so im not sure Batmans will eb super strength ;)