Author Topic: Bioshock 2  (Read 8161 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Bioshock 2
« on: March 06, 2009, 03:51:48 PM »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Bioshock 2
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 04:35:33 PM »
speechless once more.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 05:13:40 PM »
indeed at least it looks like a sequel 7 years since first ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 01:47:34 PM »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 02:19:43 PM »
Read the preview in PCGamer (UK).  Fucking awesome.

I get to be a Big Daddy!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 04:17:01 PM »
Take-Two has delayed Bioshock 2, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 until fiscal year 2010.

Speaking at a conference call held last night by Take-Two's CEO Ben Feder and Chairman Strauss Zelnick, the publisher revealed that the titles have been pushed back due to "development issues".

"The decision to shift a release date is never an easy one, especially with a product as highly anticipated as Bioshock 2," commented Feder. "We felt that it was essential to invest the additional time to ensure that this title will deliver what its fans expect and deserve.

BOOOOO :( but then more polish is always good

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 04:19:42 PM »
I was wondering for a bit what Polish people had to do with this game, but I get it now  :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »
*threadicus ressurectius*

seems a "firm" release date has been announced

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6228669.html?tag=recent_news;title;1

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 06:12:29 PM »
Looking forward to this. First one was excellant. Infact my favourite ever bit of computer gaming was in the first one. In the Dentists surgery you had to collect and item, the lights went out (IIRC) you turned around and the lights came back on, and there was a ghoul (or whatever they are called) stood right in front of you! I shat me right up, but excellant all the same.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 06:46:55 PM »
Looking forward to this. First one was excellant. Infact my favourite ever bit of computer gaming was in the first one. In the Dentists surgery you had to collect and item, the lights went out (IIRC) you turned around and the lights came back on, and there was a ghoul (or whatever they are called) stood right in front of you! I shat me right up, but excellant all the same.

aye first time through i did jump at that :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 10:46:12 AM »
this would make me scared
BioShock 2 is being developed by a host of different houses, with 2K Marin taking the reins on the single-player campaign and Digital Extremes crafting the multiplayer component. Support is also being provided by 2K Australia, 2K China, and Arkane Studios.
zillion bugs at release?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 11:01:35 AM »
this would make me scared
BioShock 2 is being developed by a host of different houses, with 2K Marin taking the reins on the single-player campaign and Digital Extremes crafting the multiplayer component. Support is also being provided by 2K Australia, 2K China, and Arkane Studios.
zillion bugs at release?

the fact that its been put back for release a few times makes me positive that bugs will be few, as i dont remember any from Bioshock at all.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »
I trust the 2k in house folks and i love DE (theyve done work on the majority of the UT titles which im a slave too from time to time) so I faith it wont be too buggy - hell biggest bug on 1's release was that retardostupid copy protection the pc version had :S

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »
...and it not being able to change resolution w/o crashing while running fullscreen.
Took me a day to figure that out, last week :-X
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 09:26:25 PM »
ooh, you have it? wanna see next weekend!
me dunno part I