Author Topic: Browser based political game: eRepublik  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Browser based political game: eRepublik
« on: August 02, 2009, 04:52:02 PM »
http://www.erepublik.com/en

Just started this after seeing threads on it on boards I use.  Looks different.  Some notable events since it started:

*"The Theocratic Nation of /V/akistan" expanding Pakistan to include all of India and China before being driven back by Indonesia. Their leadership including the "God Emperor Dio Brando" were forced into exile in Switzerland which they now operate as a communist mercenary state.

*The epic war between the two largest nations in game, Romania and Indonesia. The war ended last month with Romania losing it's vast empire which stretched across Russia, Ukraine and Siberia.

*The rise of Hungary from a small broken shell of a nation, into the second largest in the game. The real life Hungarian President actually called for those with internet access to join the game and fight for Hungary!

*The eternal failure of a state that is Germany, which was recently annihilated by Sweden, only to be freed by Hungary who attacked in the opposite direction and now occupy Denmark (Sweden's route into Germany). Germany is now a feeding frenzy where the best regions are fought over by it's neighbors.

*The USA-Mexico war which ended when Portugal forced the USA out of Mexico. The USA is the most now the populated country after the fall of Romania with ~15,500 players, but they are also tactically retarded and have never managed to leave it's 51 states for long.

Goons, 4chan, FOH, and to a point SHC are all showing up there or are already there.  So far I havent yet figured it out, but a few clicks a day and I can be done :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Browser based political game: eRepublik
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 05:04:56 PM »
Indonesia??? Hmm so kugutstumen is up to some tricks ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Browser based political game: eRepublik
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 05:41:40 PM »
Poland meta gamed to take over Germany:

Ok i will try to explain the situation in Germany.

The PTO (Polish Takeover Organisation - whatever) took over the control in the congress of Germany. So Players originally from Poland with "higher levels" rushed into Germany, which had just a few players.

They became German inhappitants and with their sheer mass of players and ressources it was easy for them to take over the congress of Germany. Than they raised the taxes for food, making it impossible for German newbies to live and play in Germany. On the other hand they directly transfered German taxes to their own organisation - which went to Poland for sure. They also intended to destroy hospitals (at least if you want to believe their own propaganda - Mr. Demotyvator or so) and creating inflation by printing DM.

Probably they just did that to overtake Germany later by force or to have a little revenge for things that happened 70 years ago in RL or maybe even that thing in the middle of the 19ths century.

Hungary now overtook Germanies regions - so however German Newbies have the chance to get food for prices under 1,20 DM (now around 0,8 HUF) while working for 1,00 DM per day (now around 4 HUF). Maybe there will be a free Germany someday, but on the other hand its better to be part of Hungary beeing able to play this game, than to be part of "Polmany", a Germany under the control of Polish players that seem to hate Germans in RL.

My 5 cents. (they should be worth 5 trillion Slotys :-p)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."