Author Topic: Ship Spinning is back  (Read 2582 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Ship Spinning is back
« on: October 18, 2011, 01:22:09 PM »
Build 292761 to 304168 addresses Patch Notes for Incarna 1.1.2

Released Tuesday, October 18, 2011.

The following are the relevant file sizes for client updates:

* Windows from Incarna 1.1.1 to Incarna 1.1.2 is 13 MB
* Windows full client 4.5 GB
* Mac from Incarna 1.1.1 to Incarna 1.1.2 is 8 MB
* Mac full client 5.2 GB

Captain's Quarters and Station Interiors

* The station hangar is returning with all of its previous functionality. Dragging a ship onto the hangar to activate it, and double clicking the ship to open the ship’s cargo hold is once again possible.You can read more about it in this devblog.
* The memory demand of Captain’s Quarters has been considerably reduced.
* Disabling the “Load Station Environment” option will display your station hangar instead of seeing “The Door.”
* When a player logged into a station and immediately undocked without the station environments loading properly it would cause the client to display a black screen. This has been resolved.

Technical

* CarbonIO has been enabled on the client. Even though this will have no immediate visible client-side impact, it opens new behind-the-scenes optimization paths which were impossible under stacklessIO. More information on CarbonIO can be found here.

Miscellaneous

* In some cases it was impossible to undock in heavily damaged ships if only skills kept the ship alive. This will no longer occur.
* EVE will now automatically upload information about a crash to CCP when a crash occurs . No personal information or information about other programs is collected.

Macintosh

* A number of stability adjustments have been made for the new Cider engine. These include file descriptor race conditions, segment caching in memory and raising the ceiling limit for open file descriptors.
* An EVE Voice connection problem, where users were unable to reconnect to EVE Voice after losing or closing their connection, has been resolved.

UI

* A fix for broken jpg and png files has been added to the game. This will ensure broken chat portraits will no longer crash the client. There is, however, no excuse nor help for ugly mugs.

Client Update #1
Released October 18, 2011

* Tweaks have been made to improve user experience with ship spinning

AND ITS AWESOME
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Spinning is back
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »
and i also notice din steam that its on at 3.75 for new accounts 30 days.

They must have lost some people during CQ fiasco ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 02:08:05 PM »
and i also notice din steam that its on at 3.75 for new accounts 30 days.

They must have lost some people during CQ fiasco ;)

Yeah they did.

PCU count went down massively - and not just due to the summer like normally - and still isnt up.  These days during EU prime its at like 40k, rather than the 50k+ it was before CQ and the various dramas.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 06:18:34 PM »
And it isn't like people told them it would happen...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 06:33:47 PM »

Fearless dude, fearless.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 07:09:44 PM »

i saw it happen so why didnt they? oh i know $ signs all they could see was a cash making opportunity
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 03:58:26 AM »

i saw it happen so why didnt they? oh i know $ signs all they could see was a cash making opportunity

Yes... go figure a worthless feature making the game more cumbersome wouldn't be appreciated :D At least if it would have had some use (ie released in full) i suspect some could have liked it but tbh most aren't interested in barbies in space

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »
but you can have a monocle for an insane amount of real live cash now
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.