Author Topic: Phaser Inc. Eve investment  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Phaser Inc. Eve investment
« on: August 12, 2011, 07:01:09 AM »
I do hope none of you had too much riding on this :)

For me it was a nice profit in the end :D (i wasnt part of it, but guess i joined early enough to make a profit)

Who are we?

We introduced ourselves as failed PVP players, quitting EVE a couple of years ago. We said we got back in the game to do what we are actually good at; trading. This is only partly correct. We've been in this game since the end of 2004 and really love to play PVP. We are able to do some trading, but that's it.

At the outset Phaser Inc. was setup to make ISK. We have never traded any goods to make ISK. We've used our trading knowledge to answer questions from potential investors with regard to trading, which also worked to our advantage in building confidence.

Who is 'we'? may be the next question. You know Mordor Exuel and Eddie Lampert as the founder and CEO of Phaser Inc. We are actually the only two people who managed Phaser Inc. through its life cycle; no traders, no undisclosed corporations, nothing. That was all made-up to build our story and (again) to gain confidence.

Apart from Mordor Exuel and Eddie Lampert as a part of Phaser Inc., we got some help from outside the corporation. We hired a skilled developer to build and maintain the website. Of course we won't release his/her name to the public. This very person didn't know anything about what we were about to do. Apart from the developer we hired a freelance text writer/editor. Lots of respect to both the developer and our writer/text editor. They have shown some excellent skill and enabled us to make Phaser Inc. into what it became. Both EVE players, nice people to work with, and they earned some ISK along with their participation.

How did we do it?

We have very little skill in the financial arena. Because of that, it took some time to do the calculations on how we would be able to reach our goal. (We'll get to our goal later on in this article.) We setup our financial planning to be able to grow as fast as possible, but with increments that would enable us to efficiently reach our goals; not too fast, not too slow. Both going too slow or too fast would have stopped us too soon. We adapted our advertising to the financial planning. We only advertised in local chatboxes in solar systems. We had several reasons for this method. (One was to stay in control of the amount of attention our services received.)

We slowly increased the amount of ads dropped per day. We intentionally didn't go big on the forums. The forums, market discussions specifically, have always been the place to "bash" any new services. A big drawback to forums is - information stays on forums forever. Every potential investor would read all the negativism. With ads in local, we got some negative responses too, but they disappeared after a very short while. That's how a chatbox works.

Near the end of Phaser Inc. we did as much advertising as possible. We even gave interviews on blogs to maximize our presence. Now that we've reached our goals, we feel it's been enough, and decided to stop where we are. We most likely would have been able to pull out much more ISK than we already did, but enough is enough.

Why did we do it?

We had a lot of reasons actually, but above all there is one thing that's NOT the reason. Most probably we will disappoint a lot of people, even make more than a few a little angry for a while. That, in itself, has never, ever been our purpose. We consider that to be a collateral matter. However, enough about what wasn't the reason for doing it.

The main reason why we did it is; because we could!
But, of course, we don't do everything we can. One should imagine that we have a lot of people with an account on Phaserinc.com. That account will be secured with probably the same password as their EVE online accounts. We could have easily run all these accounts through our EVE client and stolen a lot of assets as well as ISK. But we didn't do that, simply because it is illegal - not allowed by the game rules. We don't want to go there.

That brings us to the other reason: What we did is allowed!
It's allowed, even encouraged people say, by the game rules as defined by CCP. We find that to be very important. We didn't want to go into any cheating, or illegal area. We wanted to play the game, and beat it in a different way than with PVP. And, there's another reason. Contrary what we made people believe, we are actual PVP players on other accounts. We have been in the game for a while and have our share of killmails (since 2004.) We now wanted to beat the game in another area. Unfortunately for some, that means beating other players at this game.

The last reason we want to mention is: It brings us a lot of ISK, obviously.
We don't have to worry about ISK for a very long time, now. No ratting or trading to earn ISK to pay for ships and ammo. Just hunting with our friends. When we founded Phaser Inc. we set ourselves a goal. We wanted to break the trillion border. The total profit of this project was aimed to be over 1 trillion or 1.000.000.000.000 ISK. We already gave away that we've reached that goal. Some financial details are published below.

What are the numbers?

Even during our active period of Phaser Inc. lots of people were interest in the financial details of Phaser Inc. We've decided to release them to the public here and now so there won't be any guessing anymore. We have several numbers to share.

Lifecycle

We can be quite short about this. Phaser Inc. existed eight months until it'showed its true nature today.

Number of accounts

This is pretty much straightforward; how many people registered on our website for an account. Since we also had corporate accounts, we also show the deviation between personal and corporate accounts. Quite a large share of accounts have no ISK on the balance. We by the way never encouraged the owners of those accounts to deposit. We didn't put any pressure on anyone to invest. We also display the number of active accounts.

Total number of registered accounts:   4252
Registered Personal accounts:   3892
Registered Corporate accounts:   360
Number of active accounts:   3360

Financial numbers

We'd also like to share some financial details. There are all kinds of details we are able to share here, but we will restrict ourselves to posting only the data we see as significant.

ISK invested in Phaser Inc. :    1.831.672.334.372,65 ISK
ISK withdrawn from Phaser Inc. :    452.724.496.124,17 ISK
Sum of weekly Interest paid :    345.176.303.826,13 ISK
Total ISK available at present:    1.033.771.534.422,35 ISK

Final thoughts

Most probably still a few of you are pissed because of all the ISK that's gone now. Try to look at it another way.

It's been a journey for all of us. Some people trusted us. Others didn't but accepted the risks. Yet, other people were skeptical at first, but became convinced by friends and testimonials (those were all genuine by the way). Everyone has his/her own Phaser Inc. experience. A couple of you withdrew your ISK this week - just in time. Probably some of you were just about to do it, but forgot to send the mail, and are a little too late now; all part of the experience.

The same story applies to ourselves. It's been a lot, really a LOT of work. We fulfilled over 800 withdrawal requests. We answered over 6,000 mails and processed more than 15,000 payouts. Its been an incredible event. And, isn't that beautiful after all? This can only be done in EVE Online. Enjoy this game, it's one of a kind.

We'd like to conclude with the words of CCP : EVE is real!

(c) Copyright Phaser Inc. - Eve Financial Services
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Phaser Inc. Eve investment
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 07:16:23 AM »
Knew it.

Nice way to go about, and not gloating too much either, good on them.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 07:33:42 AM »
I think I made a small loss, invested 100M and started payout (vs. reinvest) a couple of weeks ago.

I blame Beth for my loss because of him pushing this on forums  :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 08:30:55 AM »
I think I made a small loss, invested 100M and started payout (vs. reinvest) a couple of weeks ago.

I blame Beth for my loss because of him pushing this on forums  :D

I made a nice profit, had done an additional investment 2 months back, but got that out last week 500m because i didnt trust it and there was a better investment.

Only real downside is that i had 600M still on the account (just interest) and wanted to withdraw that after next week to get a tengu for beth. Now i need to wait for another investment to come back in.

oh well, per saldo i still made 20-30M profit
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.