Author Topic: Unboxing the CE  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Unboxing the CE
« on: September 25, 2008, 06:05:57 PM »
Got my box today.

The box itself is gorgeous. Will look great on any shelf. Sad part is that it was torn in two places. Bit of a downer.

Opening up there's the artwork book. Again gorgeous, but I feel a lot in there is available online... so not 'exclusive'.
Might be wrong though.

Next the comic book. Beautiful. Had a quick read, should be fun.

Both books are hardcover, look great.

Then the mouse mat. Bummer. Cheap flimsy and the colours are all off. It's a shade of beige and sparkly with coloured bits. Nothing like displayed online or on the flyer accompanying the CE.

Minitature. I have dwarfs bigger than that orc. Blister was torn. Stuff like this just decreases that 'ooh' and 'aah' feeling.

And last a sturdy disc box. Manual, two DVDs. The CD key is printed with a very readable font. So good job on that one!

All in all I'm a bit bummed by the light damage, broken blister and flimsy mousemat.
Books are lovely, box is gorgeous.

In-game items yet to be seen as I haven't registered my key yet. I saw a dwarf with a small barrel of Bugman's tied into his beard on the promo flyer that came with the box, which was rather characterful.

Worth buying? Yes.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 06:07:46 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.