Author Topic: Away for a week  (Read 4253 times)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Away for a week
« on: January 29, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »
You probably wouldn't have noticed me missing, with my haphazard activity on here and all, but I'll be /afk for a week, to try and see all of the 500km+ of prepared mountainside they offer in La Plagne and Les Arcs.
If I survive the French, I'll report back here on my adventures. ;)

Ttfn!
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Away for a week
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 08:52:29 PM »
hf!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 06:39:37 AM »
Lucky git - all that powder!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 10:37:47 PM »
Great week - out of 6 days skiing we had 4.5 great days with good snow and sun.
First two days were a "little" cold (-25 at the top)  ;)

On day 3, it was a bit cloudy with bad visibility on the mountain, and the day before we left we had a snowstorm and didn't really get out of the house.
The day we left, there was around 40cm of fresh powder and sun was beginning to shine as well  :'(...but all in all it was one of the best weeks of fun in the snow I've had, this decade.

Also, I highly recommend the area in france we went to (the far southeast, near the italian border.) Even the natives were friendly. ;)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 12:34:03 AM »
french? friendly?? you sure you didnt end up in italy after all?

good to hear you had a great week! :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 01:24:09 AM »

MIAOW!!!

we love the frogs, honestly

NOT

but im drunk and allowing 1 post what do i know?

G
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 08:01:27 AM »

No-one down there is sure exactly where the border should be. It was probably a load of displaced Italians from WWII and their decendants. Either that or i suggest he carefully studies his bank statements and credit card bills when he gets home. I can't think of anything that would make a Garlic eating surrender monkey happier than fleecing a Brit for all his hard earned cash.  ;D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!