Author Topic: Alcohol should be banned for people over 40 years  (Read 4494 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Alcohol should be banned for people over 40 years
« on: January 18, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »
We had a farewell party for one of workers (who got retired) on Saturday. We started with a brunch at about 16 local time, and the list things I remember are from about 21.

It should be forbidden for people over 40 to drink alcohol. Older than 40 people should not be allowed out on town at weekend evenings.

My left knee is all bloodied, I have very sore bulb on my forehead. Hapily nobody seems here at work remember much either, but they all agree it was good they were not in as bad shape as I was.

Next time I'll drink a glass of water and head home immediatly, saying I have fever and headache. Besides, beer tastes much better at home, and there is no younger collegues trying to get you drunk with all sorts of fancy shots and whatnots...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Alcohol should be banned for people over 40 years
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 10:56:51 AM »
hehe :D

but i do agree as soon as you hit 30 you should be sent a warning that alcohol will make you lose nights of your life and wake up with random injuries.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »

but i do agree as soon as you hit 30 you should be sent a warning that alcohol will make you lose nights of your life and wake up with random injuries.

And people under 40 shouldnt be allowed to drink either as the 'moron with a beer inside him' percentage goes up tenfold. If i was to add up the number of alcohol related murders / fatal accidents / serious assault / attempt murders ive been to then seperate them into over 40 and under 40 piles i could promise that the under 40 pile would be bigger by a factor of 10. So where does that leave us?
1. over 40's can't drink cos they have the recovery time of of a labour government with Gordon Brown in charge.
2. Under 40's can't drink cos they have all the common sense of the British Nation party when pissed.
Therefore alcohol should be banned............ ???

On that note i think ill go shoot myself cos ive just made a rational argument for banning the nectar of the Gods.........sob life is no longer worth living   :'(
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »

And people under 40 shouldnt be allowed to drink either as the 'moron with a beer inside him' percentage goes up tenfold. If i was to add up the number of alcohol related murders / fatal accidents / serious assault / attempt murders ive been to then seperate them into over 40 and under 40 piles i could promise that the under 40 pile would be bigger by a factor of 10. So where does that leave us?
1. over 40's can't drink cos they have the recovery time of of a labour government with Gordon Brown in charge.
2. Under 40's can't drink cos they have all the common sense of the British Nation party when pissed.
Therefore alcohol should be banned............ ???

On that note i think ill go shoot myself cos ive just made a rational argument for banning the nectar of the Gods.........sob life is no longer worth living   :'(

You should be podded for this.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »
as im over 40 but dont drink, not through choice just dont like the taste of alcohol i cant comment

but seems to me anybody whatever age can turn into a right muppet when they have had a few.

oh dear i did comment after all  :D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 11:27:50 PM »
seperate them into over 40 and under 40 piles i could promise that the under 40 pile would be bigger by a factor of 10
there is one factor you didnt calculate in...
"the survival of the fittest" factor...

if all those loons who cant stomach a beer or two would survive through the night, so to say, maybe the 2nd pile would be larger after all :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 06:04:11 PM »
if all those loons who cant stomach a beer or two
You're calling Jarkko names now?  ::)

<Cackles>
<Crawls back under his rock>
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 08:06:00 AM »
if all those loons who cant stomach a beer or two
You're calling Jarkko names now?  ::)

<Cackles>
<Crawls back under his rock>
Hmm... I took it as a compliment. I've had a few beers in my youth. Somebody might claim there were a couple more than a few. *And* I did survive through, without any issues (often going to the next party in the morning after having crawled home a couple hours earlier).

It's just that getting old seems to mean:
1) You have too much money at hand (so the basic "I am broke and nobody lends me money for a beer -> need to get home" isn't the safety-net anymore)
2) You need to prove to the younger ones they know nothing of drinking
3) Lack of practice (of heavy drinking) means you forget all the smart things (eat lots, drink water lots)
4) The moral hangover is un-comparable to anything you possibly did in the youth when your kids point out "You smell bad, why can't we go out and play together, I am hungry but you are apparently not going to make any lunch/dinner today" (when young it was just trying to forget about running naked through the streets, hitting the worst looking crone or some such)