Author Topic: Steam Usernames & HoJ Steam Group  (Read 25745 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Steam Usernames & HoJ Steam Group
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 08:37:28 PM »
Also the server "should" now show on loading L4D as one of your steam group servers.

Its possible it doesnt :S
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 09:37:10 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 09:43:36 PM »
Really fun evening - thanks to Caradir, Malt and Gunnarr for playing on our new server.

Gunnarr, I have no idea why you couldnt get back on.

I tried after with a straight connect ip address thingy and was ok :(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:01:37 PM by Mangala »

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 10:36:36 PM »
Yes, me neither. It's weird, I think I went through a bit of a rough connection patch there, since I had some lags on other servers as well, but after a while they got better and as I'm writing now, I'm still not able to connect back to the HoJ server. The weird thing is I can see it fine in the serverlist, and it even tells me I'll have a 112ms ping to the server, yet when trying to connect it apparently does 10 attempts then gives up.

Just to check:
- the password you gave me is all lowercase, right?
- how do I do a straight IP connect? Through steam? (servers > favorites > add server)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2009, 10:50:05 PM »
yes to the first question.

there isnt a way to add it to steam servers - that list doesnt include L4D servers (I checked just before I logged off steam).  There may be a way to add connection info to the l4d links properties, or create an autoexec file that is linked in the l4d shortcut properties and do it that way (jesus .cfg files take me back years to my quake 2 days ;))

try this in the console:

Type openserverbrowser
The server browser comes up, you can add your server to favorites with your ip address.
Then you can double click and put in the password to play.

Cant guarantee it will work though.  Looking here for ideas:

http://left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-servers
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:57:41 PM by Mangala »

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2009, 11:04:57 PM »
Weird. I just managed to connect again.
My hunch is that it was either password or connection related.
It could be the password, since when I managed to connect for the first time it gave me a password box with a [******] pre-entered, but it was the wrong password.
After reconnecting, putting in the right password, and entering successfully, then disconnecting to try again, the [*****} pre-entered password was the right one.

It could be the connection, since I tried to test this after trying to enter through the "join friends" option, and never being asked for the password.
So I tried to enter through Steam, entering the pw there, and it would still refuse to let me in.

I think it's fixed now, and I hope it'll stay fixed. I'm starting to get annoyed about not being able to play with you guys because of tech troubles.
When is the next evening of zombie massacre?  ;D
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 12:15:58 PM »
was a shame you had connection issues, all in all a fun evening, much better than playing it solo :)

even if we all died except mang in the final scenario tank took 2 of us down on escape ramp lol
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Malt

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2009, 03:56:36 PM »
I really enjoyed the game last night, it was the first time that I have played the game with anyone other then random people.

I've now sorted out my mic, so can use it next time, although if my wife is watching TV, I will be limited somewhat.

Was funny at the end as I had gone into the APC, then came back out onto the ramp to help and the tank thew a rock at me, which knocked me down.

I hope we can do it again soon.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2009, 09:45:53 AM »
even if we all died except mang in the final scenario tank took 2 of us down on escape ramp lol

This is how it should be ;)

Anyways, Tuesday guys Ive added a Group event for :)

Also, servers always on so feel free to join it and even play with npcs. Also going to add a Versus (Zombies V Infected) night for Thursday if we can get enough for at least 2 per side :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »
ill check how that fits in to my LOTRO diary ;) but should make one of those nights :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2009, 09:28:52 PM »
Sorry for being so flakey tonight on L4D - combination of things.  I know have a tool which will change maps for us on the server when I ask it too :)  However L4D has to be on for me to do it.

One day Vavle will make something easy for once ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 06:17:45 PM »
I shall be late on steam for some versus mode - in the middle of prepping for dinner. 

And I havent yet figured out how to switch our server to versus so we'll have to go public for that - but thats not really an issue :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 07:05:43 PM »
where is the zombie mashing? im all alone:(

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 10:51:58 PM »
where is the zombie mashing? im all alone:(

We got some done in the end :)  And even a little versus - that really does need 2 teams duking it out, rather than garry v me (with npcs to aid us on each side).

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2009, 06:59:59 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kurtt

Just bought DoW II, so happy to play some games once I've got to grips with it.

Offline Ferrosol

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2009, 11:21:52 PM »
Eve Online: Sybil Tanitha
Eve Online Jennifer Ammant

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo