Author Topic: surviving-in-day-z  (Read 35003 times)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
surviving-in-day-z
« on: May 14, 2012, 07:18:55 PM »
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: surviving-in-day-z
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:38:53 PM »
Not even halfway down that story yet, but I'm in!

We'd need to plan a dedicated playing night for that  :D

Can you have multiple chars? (one to play in a set group, other(s) to do 'yerownstuff')
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:00:13 PM »
Not even halfway down that story yet, but I'm in!

We'd need to plan a dedicated playing night for that  :D

Can you have multiple chars? (one to play in a set group, other(s) to do 'yerownstuff')

IDK i just read it and it seemed like a cool game to play. :D
former roommate.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:08:59 AM »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 05:53:19 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KRpPIyJDSEQ#!

I would be like that guy.

I can shell out some money for this today. If this is alpha, it must be even more fun in beta and live. Surely all the extra ARMA sales will force the publisher to give that employee who made the mod the resources to turn this into something awesome.

Some people get it to work with the free version  + paid Arrowhead (15 EUR) others have more luck buying both (25 EUR).
Apparently free version has worse textures and stuff.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/33930/

i would install in the proper mod path in the win user dir, i corrected your posting accordingly

Originally Posted by Devec 
Right I spend most of the last 30 min finding out how to actually run the damn games. So here you go:

1. Download both ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead through Steam
2. Open both of the games to allow them to install the required files, then close them
3. Download all of the DayZ Mod files into a folder
4. Extract all of the downloaded files into C:\Users\%WINUSER%\Documents\ArmA 2\@dayz\Addons
5. Go to Steam and right click, properties, set launch options on ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead
6. Insert "-mod=@dayz -nosplash" and click OK
6. Open Operation Arrowhead and select to "Launch ARMA 2: Combined Operations

Simple enough, far too hard to find.

DayZ Survival - Installation - With [OCB]Magnet

Here is a quick rundown on how to get started and how to enjoy this mod:

a: get this and download it, preferably have it open during playing on say a notebook next to your pc
http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/images/chernarus_big_hq.jpg

b: avoid people. we know they are bad but they are also unpredictable. avoid "ELEKTRO" as thats where people go to kill newbies, aka you.

c: you will spawn somewhere along the coast, my experience is that you will usually spawn somewhere between cap golova and krutoy cap. i would heavily suggest to move to the hills and forests asap.

d: rule of thumb for good stuff: further north

e: go to the hill vysota near chernogorsk, above it you see two little dots along a road. in one of these barns you will find a hunting rifle with a scope, cz-550, or a lee enfield rifle. take it.

To further coordinate things:
I suggest you to move towards kozovka, we should all get and meet around green mountain to make a group push to the airfield. Airfield is a place where ALOT of good items spawn, think ak47 with optics, and from there on we can also roam further towards devils castle and the military bases(more loot) around gvozdno.

Needed beans. Found a guy who was friendly, offered him .45 rounds for a tin of beans.

He declined.

Blew the back of his head off with the Enfield (terriloud) and took his beans.

Sweet sweet beans.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:32:35 AM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 09:24:18 AM »
that sounds awesome

ands looks even better

that guy that shot the vids though is shit, seriously he is just shit
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:24:49 AM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 06:30:26 PM »
purchased game and exp.   :)
but 15GB is 15 GB...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 06:35:19 PM »
purchased game and exp.   :)
but 15GB is 15 GB...

yeah  it is  quite a download ;) not sure size of dayz mod but id imagine thats also a few Gig
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 06:44:15 PM »
btw...

WTF no baseballbats?   :'(

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 07:00:15 PM »
so are you guys gonna play this on your thursday gamenite, cause i'll be in than
former roommate.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »
so are you guys gonna play this on your thursday gamenite, cause i'll be in than

id be up for that ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 07:14:12 PM »

id be up for that ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 07:15:26 PM »
Jon, could you please move this thread to general gaming?
Thx

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 07:17:55 PM »
Jon, could you please move this thread to general gaming?
Thx

Shhh Jon may be in a bad mood today again due to internet spaceships ;) leave him alone :D

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 07:23:45 PM »
bought on steam now downing
former roommate.