Author Topic: Zombies (The Walking Dead)  (Read 17610 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Zombies (The Walking Dead)
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 11:30:58 AM »
And so the waiting begins!

tell me about it

ive never understood how the Yanks can stand starting new programmes then getting started and pausing for 13 weeks before resuming its just plain stoopid.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
The amount of advertisements they have during an episode is ridonculous.

I guess there's plenty of the telly over there during the holiday season. Sports and all as well.

I really like season 2 so far. They do need to get a move on with Sophia tbh. They're lagging.  

Anyone actually read the comics?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:41:19 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 12:53:52 PM »
The amount of advertisements they have during an episode is ridonculous.

I guess there's plenty of the telly over there during the holiday season. Sports and all as well.

I really like season 2 so far. They do need to get a move on with Sophia tbh. They're lagging.  

Anyone actually read the comics?

not read comics however from what i have heard im led to believe storyline is completely different.

plus i would assume theyll sort the Sophia thing in episode 6 (which im downloading now)

WTF is that the ending until Feb get the fuck out of here ;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:53:52 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 09:03:03 PM »
Heh yeah... bit sappy!

I read up on the comic storyline on wikipeeds. Roughly the same, but quite a lot of artistic tv liberties. I enjoy watching movies/series without having read their earlier readable equivalent. Saves you a lot of comparison and griefing.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2011, 01:55:12 PM »
Been plowing through the comic books, finishing it this afternoon if I don't encounter too many corrupt library files.

Well worth a read! Lots of stuff in there that definitely won't make it to the tv screen. :D

After my Comical reader went fubar, I'm having an awesome time using http://comicrack.cyolito.com/.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:54:32 PM by Goatboy »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 11:04:20 AM »
Best episode of the season imo.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 05:08:23 PM »
ZOMG! I thought 6 was the last for now!

There's a 7! And I've already read all the spoilers in a random online article.

Btw Dale is a dawg in the comics.
Definitely read them, since the tv show is drifting quite far away from the comic storyline. Apart from you know. Zombies. And a few central locations and key figures.

[update]
Oh bastards. I was much happier waiting for the new season with the ending of episode 6 than the one from 7!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:44:21 PM by Goatboy »

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 08:14:19 PM »
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 08:16:32 PM »
and on wikipedia...
Season 3 (2012–2013)
Main article: The Walking Dead (season 3)

AMC renewed The Walking Dead for a third season on October 25, 2011 after the season two premiere broke cable ratings records in the 18–49 demographic.[5] On January 14, 2012, AMC announced that the third season will contain an extended episode order of 16 episodes.[12]

On February 24, 2012, it was announced that David Morrissey had been cast as The Governor,[13] and on March 18, 2012, during Talking Dead, it was revealed that Danai Gurira had been cast as Michonne.[14] Michael Rooker has also confirmed that his character, Merle Dixon, would be returning in season 3.[15]
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 08:54:19 PM »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 10:05:28 PM »

Totally quoting this as in reference to the episode I just watched :)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 08:16:24 AM »
Read. The. Comics.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:19:08 AM by Goatboy »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »
Good pace in the first episode. I like how they portrayed the desperation in the beginning and how Carl is becoming more of a badass, a lot earlier than he did in the comic books. Hopefully we'll see quite a few main characters die soon. Looking forward to how far they're going to take things with The Governor.

Can't believe the Boing Boing reviewer said Michonne used a machete. What a nonce. Secretly hoping for some made for tv lesbian action between Michonne and Andrea.

PS: READ THE COMIC BOOKS (use Comicrack)! <3
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:33:27 PM by Goatboy »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 08:24:06 PM »
Ive been reading them on a cbr on my tablet, got a download source for them in that format :)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 08:26:13 PM »
Yay! <3
How far along are you? Or are you up to speed?