Author Topic: What are we all currently playing?  (Read 51881 times)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Re: What are we all currently playing?
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »
Anyone giving Rift a go now that it's f2p? I hear they're having to do server transfers to handle the sudden influx of players.

I'll be happy with Star Trek Online for a while, but I do want to give Rift a look eventually. (Assuming Wildstar doesn't come along first and consume me.)
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2013, 12:44:16 PM »
I liked Rift, just couldnt afford it at the time. But gaming time has detoriated lately. Too much other stuff on my hands with kid, busy job and cycling.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
I have rift installed - as an exsub I got a load of benefits out of the f2p.

Not much has changed and their store is really subtle.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2013, 05:51:34 PM »
What server are you guys on?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2013, 07:32:43 PM »
What server are you guys on?

This thread would suggest Blightweald: http://handsofjustice.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2125.msg20692#msg20692

And apparently I skipped the whole Rift thing during a non gaming phase.

400 in queue. Wewt.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:35:19 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2013, 07:38:39 PM »
That threads right, just updated my char names.

I am mostly rolling guardian for now on two I have running, just to get a feel for things.

If I am not around this evening, I should be around Monday or Tuesday (eve things tomorrow and sunday)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2013, 07:39:49 PM »
If you ever subbed you get a few nice bonus, and if you didnt the f2p model is actually pretty good, and totally not in your face (although every vendor uses the store window, which is the only irritation except queues and idiots in chat taking up precious oxygen).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2013, 07:54:33 PM »
Also rifts are still great fun, the whole public quest thing to them is brilliant, especially with tons of new players coming in.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2013, 08:31:50 PM »
That queue is harsh. Prolly won't make it tonight because of that and weekend and tuesday full of birthday stuff... Some other day then...

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2013, 08:45:22 PM »
Seems better now. My queue thingy froze up. After a restart I could enter the character creation thing right away.

So it's Defiant on Blightweald?
Different server for Guardian?

Guardian - Thunderloins - Dwarf

Defiant - Speciaal - Bahmi

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:19:23 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2013, 09:38:51 AM »
Seems i have teh following characters

Caradir lvl 25 rogue
Beornagar lvl 11 Cleric
Caradeen Lvl 2 Mage
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2013, 09:41:29 PM »
Made a defiant char Safranfoer (pathfinder iirc), but unsure if I should make defiant or guardian char to be able to play with you lot.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2013, 08:10:36 AM »
Defiant ;) i think as all my toons seem to be defiant
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2013, 03:49:43 PM »
Anyone actually playing Rift these days?
I've been too lazy to add ppl yet, but havent seen ppl add me either...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2013, 07:38:07 AM »
I spend an hour or two most evenings - unless otherwise preoccupied - on it.

Also PS2 thursdays have made a come back too.