Author Topic: WTB 1xRetriever + 2xStripMiner + 2xIceHarvester  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
WTB 1xRetriever + 2xStripMiner + 2xIceHarvester
« on: January 15, 2009, 12:40:31 PM »
Swuliina will be able to fly a Retriever on Sunday evening. Does anybody have one dusting off in the corners and willing to sell it?

Also, I need help with Drones. What skills should Swuliina have in minimum to use the Drones as bodyguards and/or mining-drones?

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: WTB 1xRetriever + 2xStripMiner + 2xIceHarvester
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 03:08:21 PM »
Swuliina will be able to fly a Retriever on Sunday evening. Does anybody have one dusting off in the corners and willing to sell it?

Also, I need help with Drones. What skills should Swuliina have in minimum to use the Drones as bodyguards and/or mining-drones?

Drones and the appropriate drone skill (mining, scout etc).
One level of drones per drone I think.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 04:25:11 PM »
Drones - I'd recommend IV at least :)  That lets you control 4 of the blighters at once;

Combat Drones - Ups their damage per level;

Scout Drone Op - Ups your control range by 5000m per level.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 09:12:31 PM »
As mentioned above  Drones to at least 4 - scout drones to at least 3 (+5000m operating range per lvl) - combat drones to 4 (i find the extra 20% damage that scout and medium drones do with that is nice) and of course mining drones as high as you want. I only use mining drones when im in a group and theres others to provide protection. ull find that the small drone bay on the retriever will only allow you 5 drones so its not easy to carry both combat and mining drones. I also found it worth while training up shield skills to enable you to put a shield extender on it. It increases the survival abilitys of solo mining with a retriever enormously.
Not that im any expert but ive spent a lot of time in a retriever in the last 2 months and had a few scares  - normally when semi afk mining   ::). coming back to the keyboard to find you're on half shield and being pummeled by 3 rats gets the old heart going. Having 4 drones and extra shields saved my bacon.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 07:54:05 AM »
I got my Retriever, in fact two :p  One from Corp hangar, one from Mangala :D  I returned the one from the Corp Hangar there, so it is available again :)

I did teach Swuliina Drones II and Scout Drones I yesterday with the intention of being able to use two medium drones, but if I understand right that is not a sensible plan), I guess I'll focus on Drones to IV after I get to mount the Retriever (after I teach myself Ice Harvesting I, just so that I can be of use if needed for ice mining). Also need Mining Upggrades and...

Meanwhile Swuul will be able to fly a Badger Mk.II tonight, so I should be able to perform adequatly as a solo-miner for a while (Swuul in Dessie with three mining lasers and two 150mm railguns to pop rats, then switch to Badger to haul the stuff). I still need to learn a better rotation to be a bit more efficient, hopefully I'll figure out something when the Retriever is available.

It really does pay of to have Swuul in fleet with Swuliina even if the mining-output of Swuul isn't something to call home with when only three miners are online. The security vs rats (the reason why I don't mount five mining lasers :) ) is nice, but even better is the ~10% boost to Swuliinas mining (as she seems to get the boost from Mining Foreman too :) ).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 08:09:29 AM »
Mining Foreman is a leadership skill that grants a bonus to all members of a gang/fleet that the skills of the providing character can cover including the booster themselves - thats why the alt gets that benefit.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 11:30:27 AM »
It really does pay of to have Swuul in fleet with Swuliina even if the mining-output of Swuul isn't something to call home with when only three miners are online. The security vs rats (the reason why I don't mount five mining lasers :) ) is nice, but even better is the ~10% boost to Swuliinas mining (as she seems to get the boost from Mining Foreman too :) ).

Get your drones to 4 and a couple of levels of combat drones and u wont need any security.

chalc has drones 4 scout drone 3 and combat drone 3 and she is self sufficient in hi - sec for self defense. I will be improving it over time but drone improvement is fairly low down on her list. I can't say enough what i mentioned about shields though. the retriever isnt a very tough craft so an extra shield extender really makes a difference in allowing your drones time to kick the rats arses.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 11:35:58 AM »
With the drones you the non-miner can set their drones on "Guard" to the miner - if the miner gets aggro they'll jump into battle - very handy.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865