Author Topic: Open Beta info  (Read 19692 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Open Beta info
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 03:02:01 PM »
I've just received my Beta Key from Play.com. Yay!

me too :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 07:14:10 PM »
Same here. File Planet is a ************************* load of **************. God **** bloody ******* messing around with ********* puppies ******** darn it.

There, all better now.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 07:30:37 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2009, 06:25:51 AM »
Has key, has registered with CO, has downloaded game from fileplanet....is waiting for the 17th  ;D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 08:44:40 AM »
Have key, registered with fileplanet, downloaded fine, being ponced around by Amazon.co.uk - key doesn't register on CO site, rolled Slayer and taking it out on DoKs in Nordenwatch (talk about ahead of the curve, my slayer has to wait for his XP to catch up so his RR doesn't go above his lvl excellent for thought free PvP)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 08:51:15 AM »
Have key, registered with fileplanet, downloaded fine, being ponced around by Amazon.co.uk - key doesn't register on CO site, rolled Slayer and taking it out on DoKs in Nordenwatch (talk about ahead of the curve, my slayer has to wait for his XP to catch up so his RR doesn't go above his lvl excellent for thought free PvP)

Key should work - mine worked this morning (although I had to open the CO site in IE) :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 02:52:00 PM »
Open Beta key registered, and liftime sub bought.

I'm in for the long haul on this one.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 05:50:48 PM »
Locked and loaded for open beta, after wrestling with file planet for the usual half an hour.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 05:53:08 PM »
all sorted - see you all there.  Any idea when the lifetime sub offer ends? if the game is halfway decent I'm quite tempted.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 06:08:56 PM »
all sorted - see you all there.  Any idea when the lifetime sub offer ends? if the game is halfway decent I'm quite tempted.

id imagine its a numbers thing so when the alloted number has been taken then its done.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2009, 07:38:42 PM »
all sorted - see you all there.  Any idea when the lifetime sub offer ends? if the game is halfway decent I'm quite tempted.

id imagine its a numbers thing so when the alloted number has been taken then its done.

I'd heard the offer was on till September 1st, so you should have time to try out the Open Beta and buy lifetime if you think its worth it.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2009, 07:49:09 PM »
I am tempted, as lifetimes are perfect for me with MMO ADD :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 11:15:10 AM »
I won't be playing CO, tbh it doesn't look like my kind of MMO (too much generic grinding on first sight) and I don't really think it'll be worth the 40 euro or so to try it out for a month or two.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 11:24:16 AM »
too much generic grinding on first sight

i dont see the grind TBH more than enough missions to level never found myself grinding to fill a level gap once.

the grind will be to finish perks for unlocks but its not required in anyway and only needed if like me you have a pokemon mentality

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »
Ok, let me rephrase: too many generic missions/quests on first sight (making the game feel grindey) :)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »
Ok, let me rephrase: too many generic missions/quests on first sight (making the game feel grindey) :)

I think thats just MMO's in general. Very few break the mold (Yes, I know EvE is one of them, before you say it Jon :D).

Considering CO is done in the style of most modern MMO's (WoW, WAR, LOTRO etc), I have to agree with Caradir's view.

At least it isn't CoX. Now, that is grindy! ;D