Author Topic: Champions PVP  (Read 7493 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Champions PVP
« on: August 01, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »
ok so as more of you will be joining this week heres the 3 PVP options available.

Hero Games- Team cage matches first to 15 kills win, split into tiers. 1-10 tier 1 , 11-20 tier 2 etc if you are say level 13 then your powers health etc get buffed to 20.

B.A.S.H. - 1 on 1 in a city block map (about 4-6 buildings with rooftops alleys etc) available at level 21 (iirc) sucks ass due to current imbalances in certain power combos and the fuckers who would rather win than seriously test (Power armour with invulnerability, or darkness with shadow form and drain life to name just 2 (so dont you guys let me down by picking these OP powers ;) kidding)  )

Stronghold- team prison break scenario- win by killing the opposition teams bosses ( PVP with PVE bosses) - fun but again limited due to current imbalances. available at 31.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Champions PVP
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 07:51:37 PM »
Hopefully BASH will get expanded to cover more area - however sounds like my sort of thing as urban environments rock for player on player stuff :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 08:40:36 PM »
Hmm, wonder how Force+Flight will effect PvP.

Does Force do knockback do you know?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 09:13:56 PM »
no experience of Force so cant say, however it would be safe to say in my experience that it will either have powers that include knockback or allow you to spend advantage points to include knockback in some powers.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 10:04:21 AM »
Apparently if you register an account on their website and then sign up for the newsletter as well, you get an in-game mini me pet action figure of yourself.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 10:23:27 AM »
Apparently if you register an account on their website and then sign up for the newsletter as well, you get an in-game mini me pet action figure of yourself.

aye a defender mini action figure

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 10:59:29 AM »

aye a defender mini action figure

I registered a few days ago and signed for the newsletter - go me :D  (That should be mint then, along with whatever I get for pre-order via amazon).

One random question I should ask in the other thread, but cba: servers, are they global or segregated? Also I take it there isnt a pvp server type? (or at least suggestion of it coming in life?)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 11:01:43 AM »
i think its only 1 sharded server tbh but not sure

and i dont think amazon give any freebies for preorder think its only play ;)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 11:17:24 AM »
As Caradir has said, only one server as far as I can see.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 01:41:58 PM »
Cool - single servers are best servers :D

As for amazon:

•Exclusive digital items including:

- Harlequin Headpiece: An upbeat and amusing accessory for the hero who doesn't take crimefighting too seriously.

- Retro Jetpro: Golden age design meets cutting edge astrodynamics to assist airborne heroes in soaring to new heights.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 02:36:08 PM »
Cool - single servers are best servers :D

As for amazon:

•Exclusive digital items including:

- Harlequin Headpiece: An upbeat and amusing accessory for the hero who doesn't take crimefighting too seriously.

- Retro Jetpro: Golden age design meets cutting edge astrodynamics to assist airborne heroes in soaring to new heights.

ahhh didnt have that up when i ordered i get shoulders and dragonfly wings ;)