Author Topic: Simcity (5?)  (Read 11706 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Simcity (5?)
« on: March 08, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
SimCity Announce Trailer

Was announced at GDC this week.

They have an AMA on Reddit too, but not answering until today:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/qmi0w/iama_maxis_development_team_on_simcity_amaa/

:faithIhasit:
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Simcity (5?)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 01:12:08 PM »
yup 5

seems it has a multiplayer aspect to it which could be awesome as long as its returning to more like the olden days of Sim City
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 01:46:59 PM »
Yeah an MP aspect combined with the difficulty of the SC franchise (except the abortion that was Societies) and the mod-ability of SC4 will be brilliant to play.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 08:33:38 AM »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 10:24:39 AM »
What's the last good Sim City?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 11:32:29 AM »
What's the last good Sim City?

dont think i enjoyed any more than 2K, not to say ones after are bad just not as much fun to me.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 01:47:17 PM »
2K was excellent way back when - and still is tbh, a very pure form of the game.

However for me, 4 (deluxe) is tops - once you have modded the arse out of it.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »
2K was excellent way back when - and still is tbh, a very pure form of the game.

However for me, 4 (deluxe) is tops - once you have modded the arse out of it.

true

the problem i had with 4 was the transport link issues it was just WTF but they sorted that out

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 10:18:04 PM »
Speaking of Mods.

After seeing the announcement I reinstalled SC4 on steam, and 3 days later im STILL installing mods before I try giving it a solid play.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 09:32:59 PM »
i kinda like sim city on the tablet when im bored in bed (and when i was in the hospital :D)

also i really liked sim ant. but kind of alone on that one i guess :D
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 10:26:44 PM »
i kinda like sim city on the tablet when im bored in bed (and when i was in the hospital :D)

also i really liked sim ant. but kind of alone on that one i guess :D

I have SC on my android too its brilliant.

And totally loved Sim Ant and Sim Earth way back.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 06:33:07 PM »
Lead designer Stone Librande confirmed that SimCity would be an internet-dependent experience. Players will need to be online on Origin while playing, even if that wasn’t the point of purchase. The always-on connection becomes necessary with the game’s emphasis on multiplayer and regional impact, and the use of a global economy that all players can influence.

Is bad?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 06:55:37 PM »
Lead designer Stone Librande confirmed that SimCity would be an internet-dependent experience. Players will need to be online on Origin while playing, even if that wasn’t the point of purchase. The always-on connection becomes necessary with the game’s emphasis on multiplayer and regional impact, and the use of a global economy that all players can influence.

Is bad?

Is fucking annoying.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 07:02:27 PM »
seriously wondering if game developers are on crack and dont care what the customer wants

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 09:12:13 AM »
Quite simple really.
Forcing online play can reduce piracy.