Author Topic: The Last Alliance  (Read 3731 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
The Last Alliance
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:17:27 AM »
I found TLA on SWTOR.com, and thought it might be a cool idea to join up with them in an alliance, considering we have a lot of shared history in Lotro, and they seem like a good bunch of folks.

I've shot a PM to their leader to discuss.

Thoughts?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Alliance
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »
they are a nice bunch indeed

although my knowledge of them now is none existent after my leave of absence from LOTRO, i do know they had a bit of a split a while back with the more hardcore players forming the Grey Company iirc.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 11:38:38 AM »
Just an update on this.

Sent the TLA guild leader on SWTOR a PM but no response as yet.

So I've stuck a post up on their guild forum, so I'll wait and see what they have to say.

Also, keep an eye out for an influx of new members, be they TLA or Enigma.

Offline Aet

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 04:50:36 PM »
Hi, I'm the TLA Officer heading up the SW:TOR retirement home.
I have all ready put you down as an ally, hope to see you all in the lag best that will be the launch.

Aet.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 05:21:35 PM »
nice one Aet

let Nan know that ill make sure all of HoJ have clean vests at launch.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 10:09:28 PM »
Hi, I'm the TLA Officer heading up the SW:TOR retirement home.
I have all ready put you down as an ally, hope to see you all in the lag best that will be the launch.

Aet.

Hey Aet, welcome to our forums. Hopefully we can plan some decent in game stuff together!

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 08:22:15 AM »
Oh btw Kurtt (and the rest), I am also in TLA in LOTRO, just as I have toons in HoJ too :)  I spend most of my LOTRO time on the toons in TLA, so no wonder if you don't remember me anymore ;)

I do have a dirty little secret though... Please don't kill me, but I think I won't be playing SWTOR  ???  I am honestly not that impressed by what I've read so far. Sorry  :-[

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 08:30:36 AM »
Oh btw Kurtt (and the rest), I am also in TLA in LOTRO, just as I have toons in HoJ too :)  I spend most of my LOTRO time on the toons in TLA, so no wonder if you don't remember me anymore ;)

I do have a dirty little secret though... Please don't kill me, but I think I won't be playing SWTOR  ???  I am honestly not that impressed by what I've read so far. Sorry  :-[

Of course we remember you mate :D

Well, as far as SWTOR is concerned, if you're a SW fan, you. Will. Love. It.

I played it a few weeks back, and it was awesome. Best story element of any MMO I've seen to date, and I include LOTRO in that statement (and no, I'm not saying SW is better than Tolkien, I'm saying that the way they implement the story is the best I've seen in any MMO to date).

Have a read of my first impressions post in the GAMEFest thread in the SWTOR general discussion board.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 08:34:47 AM »
No post it here.

Im not going near that board.

I dont know whats worse, the forum layout, the forum software (CCPs is worse, but this is a close second), the forum users, the star wars fanbois who arent gamers, the exwowers, or the ""pvpers" who think BGs are the way to go...

So post here ;)

(and Hi Jarkko!)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:37:30 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 08:42:05 AM »
No post it here.

I dont know whats worse, the forum layout, the forum software (CCPs is worse, but this is a close second), the forum users, the star wars fanbois who arent gamers, the exwowers, or the ""pvpers" who think BGs are the way to go...

So post here ;)

(and Hi Jarkko!)

I meant our SWTOR general discussion board. On our boards.

http://handsofjustice.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2308.15

Post no. 22.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 08:49:07 AM »
Im terrible.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 09:28:26 AM »
No post it here.

So post here ;)

(and Hi Jarkko!)

:D

I dont know why, but this post tickled me. Awesome stuff.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 09:37:57 AM »
No post it here.

So post here ;)

(and Hi Jarkko!)

:D

I dont know why, but this post tickled me. Awesome stuff.

You know what Chug i think Jon gets grumpier by the day, old fart.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 09:51:02 AM »
I do :)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 11:33:41 AM »
Btw, put a shout out to all the old THFers this morning to come join HoJ and play SWTOR.

Might get a few new forums sign ups.

Also, lots of guests viewing forums too. Bots or potential recruits?