Author Topic: HOI III  (Read 27331 times)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: HOI III
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2011, 07:30:36 AM »
quiet funny i was reading up on tactics/strategy for China, and i was doing around half right as described there of it just on my gut feeling. I do think i majorly fucked up the other half. but still not bad for my first serious attempt :) .
I do know the general idea i had is right, i just need to move it up 2 years before i planned, and not sure if im gonna make it :D but i'll see. At least i'll have fun loosing (just like in dwarf fortress)

Also major of the wife aggro was averted because i could quit as soon as i did (thanks again for understanding :D) And really thought we'd start a later so thats why i wasnt online, will try and be there on time next time, or give a heads-up if i will be later

Hope to get in a few single play games before next week so i can see how it plays, (last time i went to war the Japanese handed me my ass and than some)
Perhaps i can even use the savegame to see if i can change things around as much as i like to get with my new and adjusted plan.
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2011, 08:16:43 AM »
So, time? I'll be good from about 6:30 UK local (so 7:30 EU). Anything earlier is win.

6.30 my time is good, any earlier no :)

:D

no worries mateh :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2011, 08:19:02 AM »
Oh btw, after you left we found out that countries that are not in a faction get their neutrality lowered by military research. 5% per level afaik. So that's a nice thing to know...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2011, 08:26:31 AM »
i'd like to refer to a mail 8 days back

So 20:00 local (19:00 uk, as it was initiated bij Jon) so it wasnt just me even if you use a really big font saf  :P

Also notice how my mspaintshop skills have improved :D

edit: so RTFM (and M not manual but mail in this case)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:28:19 AM by Bethor »
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2011, 08:28:49 AM »
I never said that was ok, just Jon. So I blame him  ;D

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2011, 08:29:56 AM »
but as you see there i did say 7:30 was a bad time for me. so yea blaming Jon is good
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2011, 10:03:03 AM »
Using HPP mod too, certainly will be reading that one.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2011, 06:52:18 PM »

Read it through to the current point, really well done on the authors part.

Also installed the HPP mod (checked a normal startup of HOI3 via steam and it doesnt affect my version. Also it uses a standard HOi3 launcher so I dont need to worry :D).

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2011, 09:19:18 PM »

Also installed the HPP mod (checked a normal startup of HOI3 via steam and it doesnt affect my version. Also it uses a standard HOi3 launcher so I dont need to worry :D).

Thought you were using it already  :D

Anyway, installed it too, havent tried it yet though...
First I will try the noneutrality-cheat, to try Turkey. And yeah I know it has a write-up about it (of which unfortunately most of the pics dont show for me), but Turkey been in my mind as a nice country to try for some time now. But mebbe I gotta finish some other games first...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »

First I will try the noneutrality-cheat, to try Turkey. And yeah I know it has a write-up about it (of which unfortunately most of the pics dont show for me), but Turkey been in my mind as a nice country to try for some time now. But mebbe I gotta finish some other games first...

not my idea of a good country

its all dry

and tasteless
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2011, 09:29:27 PM »

I removed it when we were having version issues when we originally tried this.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2011, 09:33:07 PM »
avail on steam from 4 th August.

Features:

Play as any nation from 1936 to 1948, more than 150 countries to choose from.
Control the oceans with aircraft carriers, submarines and battleships and use your air force to defend your skies, support your naval and ground forces, and to bomb your enemies
Thousands of historically accurate real-world military commanders and politicians.
Realistic military command AI with unprecedented levels of interaction
In-depth diplomatic and political system.
Historical accuracy combined with an unparalleled level of freedom of choice
More than 10,000 land provinces makes the game five times more detailed than HoI2 and the most detailed depiction of World War 2 ever made.
Customize your divisions in detail with more than 20 types of brigades
New economic system makes it possible to buy weapons from abroad.
Mobilization and reserves gives the option of surprise attacks, Blitzkrieg made real.
Government-in-exile makes it possible to continue to struggle from abroad with underground movements and uprisings against the oppressing power.
Strategic warfare system makes it more important to defend the skies and oceans against foreign attacks; leaving cities open to enemy bombing will now be devastating.
A completely new intelligence system, with several types of intelligence sources, makes it possible to get information about enemy reserves and troop movements.
Assign troops to "theatres" on the map to fight two-front wars more successfully.
The new AI system and more detailed map will allow for more strategic decisions.
Flexible technology system with hundreds of categories, where major powers get their own unique attributes

Oh dear guess what im going to be doing till the early hours of the morning when this comes out  ::)

Oi!

You should play this MP with us :D

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2011, 07:39:31 AM »
I noticed i keep getting owned by Japan!

i have no idea whats i am doing wrong with ground combat
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2011, 11:17:35 AM »
Only thing I can come up with (without more info) is that you stack too many units in one province, giving you lots of penalties. I tend to use stacks of 5-6ish units in the frontline and micromanage reinforce/retreat from/to province behind it.