Author Topic: BC setup, suggestions?  (Read 2324 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
BC setup, suggestions?
« on: December 09, 2008, 01:00:37 PM »
I made this setup for my hurri in EFT. Suggestions are more than welcome.

Known weaknesses:
- short range (although drones (30 m3) may change this, I don't expect much from the missiles)
- missiles - worth keeping or should i fit something else? energy lurkers maybe?
- capacitor: I can active shield tank for 1:27. Without it, cap is stable at 100%
- number of named modules, hard to come by??
- 3 low slots needed (i.e. lost) to get the rest up and running with power and cpu
- crappy shield tank?

thanks

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 01:47:13 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: BC setup, suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »
seems your setup includes a lot of "officer" equpment. Thats the top end of tier 2, very hard to get and expensive to buy, namely the radical, portcullis, sheriff and outlaw modules. Id say  swap out for standard T2 to give a more "realistic" build although we all have our "dream" builds ;)

id also advise turning off afterburners when taking screenies to give us a better idea of Cap usage in combat (assuming your not planning on running around wit Ab on in combat that is)

cant really comment much more than that my experience of guns is 0 ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »
id also advise turning off afterburners when taking screenies to give us a better idea of Cap usage in combat
fixed

(assuming your not planning on running around wit Ab on in combat that is)
err, i mostly do, need for speed and such... cap lasts 1:14 with it being on...

Id say  swap out for standard T2
thought as much, that it would be harder to come by  :-\    but prob with T2 stuff is that requirements are too high for me atm...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 01:49:07 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 02:01:38 PM »
I would go with 2 x Assaults and the rest 650 Artillery (best you can fit - probably Scouts).  Also, tailor the ammo for the rats - they are vulnerable to different types of damage.  Most Hurricane builds go with a passive tank (again tailored to the type of damage the mission rats will be doing) though I'm no expert on 'canes.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:06:15 PM by Jeremiah »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 03:59:50 PM »
The gear isnt Officer Tech 1 its named Tech 1 from Cosmos blueprints, it exists but is ridicously hard to make and not worth the price tag that people often attach to it.

I'd go with this fit (had to type it out as I dont fly Minmatar on Mangala):

High Slots:
6x 720mm arty, 2x assault launcher

Medium Slots:
Medium Shield Booster, Large Shield Extender, and either 2x rat specific hardeners (hard mission) or invuln + AB (easy mission)

Low Slots:
Damage Control Unit, 3x gyro, 2x PDS

Drones:
2x med, 2x light

Doesnt differ much from yours but a medium shield booster will do the job good enough for pretty much most missions up to and including the tougher level 3's.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 12:40:37 PM »

Most Hurricane builds go with a passive tank
Ok, engineering 4 and tactical shield operations stand between me and that (training engi 3 atm...), so any form of shield hardening is impossible yet.
Thats why i came up with this.

High Slots:
6x 720mm arty, 2x assault launcher
This lurks quite some energy, thats why i took 4 720s and 2 650s in the earlier build, leaving the 650s to the longer ranged ammo, thus getting about the same range for all guns in the end. Anyway, going for 6x720 and more active tank makes 2 reactor control and 1 PDS necessary.

Low Slots:
Damage Control Unit, 3x gyro, 2x PDS
Stacking gyros gives penalties, but more important, cpu probs, so solved it with putting another goodie on: faster tracking/increased range.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:43:15 PM by Warcold »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 12:52:34 PM »
well anyway, dont think i can make the best build anyway... lacking skills like tactical shield upgrades (passive tanking), advanced weapon upgrades (2% less powergrid need for guns), wep upgrades at lvl 1 (5% less cpu for shooties), etc. just makes it hard to optimize the outfit.

It once again shows having a ship is one thing, but owning one is another matter!

But think i'll make due with what i got now (i.e. autocannons, artillery being 3M a piece), as I am just nearing lvl 2 missions, so no lvl3s for me yet...   ;)