Author Topic: Heavy Assault Cruiser, worth to go for?  (Read 6537 times)

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Assault Cruiser, worth to go for?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 09:56:41 AM »
There are three essential out-of-game tools for eve

Eve Map
EFT2 - Eve Fitting Tool Version 2
EveMon

Cheers,

Vac

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 10:39:19 AM »
I've never got the Map program to work. I use the 2D EveMaps from http://www.ombeve.co.uk/
Printed the pages out, so far has been well enough for me (I have the pages for The Citadel and The Forge open infront of me when I play :) ).

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 10:47:30 AM »
Evemon has a handy aspect when looking at ships - allowing you to view loadouts (EQ, mods, guns, etc) and then to add the required skills to a skillplan.
EFT is very handy but the interface really sucks and I find it very clunky to use.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 12:36:21 PM »
EFT is very handy but the interface really sucks and I find it very clunky to use.

It's not the easiest or most intuitive, but certainly helps when deciding 'do I go this way' or 'that way' once beyond the initial 'ooh, shiney shiney' ness...

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 03:14:11 PM »
As we now have brought EFT up, here is a screen-shot of what gear I have stocked which I will fitting on the Harpy (some three weeks from now). Undoubtedly I will stumble on better gear along the way, but what especially should I be looking for?

Notice that the fitting in this is shown with the skills I'll have 1st of January (not "All V" as it says at top), so ranges etc will improve after a few days after that. Also, the empty high slot would have an off-line Salvager I (found no way to put in gear off-line into EFT).

Any advice how to improve this would be most welcome :)

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 03:36:13 PM »
You can offline gear by ctrl-left click the green tick.
BTW:

1. Named Invuln Field
2. in fact, named afterburner and shield booster.
3. I think Cap boosters are overrated in small ships - drop it and try a cap battery instead.

Also, click the tick by the afterburner and cap booster, this will show you what you're probably going to do most time (i.e. not afterburner and not cap boosting). If you can make this cap stable, then the rest will fall into place.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 04:47:13 PM »
You can offline gear by ctrl-left click the green tick.
BTW:

1. Named Invuln Field
2. in fact, named afterburner and shield booster.
3. I think Cap boosters are overrated in small ships - drop it and try a cap battery instead.

Also, click the tick by the afterburner and cap booster, this will show you what you're probably going to do most time (i.e. not afterburner and not cap boosting). If you can make this cap stable, then the rest will fall into place.

1) I don't have named Invulnerability Fields stocked. They cost loads, but I'll aim for one.

2) Even the best named shield booster provides just a ~2% shield strength addition compared with the "regular" on the Harpy with my skills. If I'll stumble on a named one, yes I will take it, but it looks to me paying millions for such a minimal boost is not worth the money at this moment.
Named Afterburners cost a lot too, altough their effectiveness seem to me to be a bit better. Will keep my eyes open for these, altough I don't go bananas for one.

3) There is one (actually two) significant difference between cap booster and cap battery: Capacity and CPU. I simply can't fit a cap battery on the Harpy without dropping out something (like a gun) instead.

The fitting seems to be stable when the Medium slots are not activated, and with everything turned on the capacitor lasts for 43 seconds.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 05:29:43 PM »
This is my Level 2, and Level 3 fit - I can change the Resistance Amp out to match the majority damage type I am facing in a mission and can switch to 150's in the odd L4 it can do :

===============

This is how I suggest you fit yours, going on your image and mods you had chosen in it, personally for early skills like your own, i'd go with 125's over the 150's down to grid/cpu usage basically.

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 05:48:13 PM »
Thanks Beo for the suggestions :)  However I don't yet have enough money to buy even parts of that stuff, but it certainly is something worth aiming for :)  Altough I prefer the Lead shots, as they give me quite a bigger margin of error (as I am quite the coward I like to be able to shoot from far away, out from harms way  ;D ).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 05:50:49 PM »
The corp hangar is a good place to start for the named T1 mods, it may not have them all but it does have some :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."