Author Topic: Games dead to EA then?  (Read 4165 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Games dead to EA then?
« on: September 30, 2009, 03:44:25 PM »
I know i gave it up again - just didnt feel as fun, mythic went too pve on it and couldnt fix what was truly wrong...

My sub ran out the day before I headed to Iceland...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 08:31:26 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Games dead to us then?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 04:11:03 PM »
Looks like it.
Just feel sad when thinking about it :/ had such great potential.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 04:21:48 PM »
Its not even on my HD any more let alone subbed.  Im gutted they cocked it up so badly. It had so much potential. The warhammer world is vast and the character classes and species could have been so much better...
And lets not even start on game play, pve/pvp balance and end game potential.  :'(
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 04:28:20 PM »
yeah i deleted it too just got too much grind above lvl 30 you woud turn in a quest and the xp bar would move 1mm.

and althought i find t1 great fun i cant continue to pay just to do that.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 12:25:06 AM »
Game is shiot

full of hype on release didnt live up to it ended up sucking

wanted to love it but couldnt

has been dead to me (in a non EMO lovechild way) for an age

PEACE  Gxx
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 04:58:38 AM »
My subscription ran out last night, and I think I was the last one around (at least according to the guild roster).

However, I do not intend to remove the game from my HD. I *still* like the PvP in T1 and T2. It's fast, furious and fun. Oh, and there sometimes even is some tactics involved :) It has also been sort of cool to see other players with familiar sounding names; others are recycling their characters too to be able to take part in T1 and T2.

So, while I don't have subscription running now, I intend to check back in a few weeks again. I *do* like the atmosphere in lower tiers (it really feels like there is a chaotic war going on), I like the classes in lower tiers (in lower tiers you can't be cc'd to death, you can't be one-shot by PvE clad wizards/sorcerers,  and there actually *is* some balanced PvP going on instead of the zergs seen in T4).

However, for Hands of Justice? Yes, I think it is over. I do not believe T4 will ever be fixed, and without a functioning T4 the game sucks for everything else but some fast skull-smashing in the lower tiers to vent frustration. While it would be cool to run around with HoJ members in the lower tier PvP lakes (some of my fondest gaming expiriences are when we last year captured a few keeps with guild raids :) ), I do not believe that will happen; WAR simply is not enough of a game to keep people interested. Not to mention I can't myself invite my lowbie alts to HoJ ;D

The game did not live up to the expectations I had for it. But the game still has fun moments for ultra-casuals who like PvP, like me :)

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 05:44:25 AM »
I totally agree with you guys. I so wanted this game to work.
No sub at the moment but will probably take a month every now and then.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 06:32:10 AM »
I probably wont uninstall when I get back home, in the hope that one day it goes free to play :D

Anyways, interesting tidbit..

The details of the new user journey are quite extensive, but some of the major changes include an entire shift of focus from the three racial pairings to the Empire vs. Chaos pairing. In the interest of making the game more accessible to new recruits, all new players, regardless of race, will begin in the Empire vs. Chaos starting zones, and all RvR will be re-focused to this pairing as well in Tier 1. In addition to the aforementioned shifts, new characters will also be placed in a default starting guild, many UI elements will be disabled and revealed slowly to new characters, an overhaul of the tutorial system has been implemented, and much more.
Patch 1.3.2 notes... http://herald.warhammeronline.com/patchnotes/index.php?id=2009_1-3-2

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 09:34:29 AM »
Lol, so it isn't enough to merge servers now :) they have to merge the pairings as well.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 10:56:37 AM »
Default starting guild? What the hell does that mean?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 11:06:10 AM »
Default starting guild? What the hell does that mean?

eve has npc corps newbies are members off - all the basics of a corp (chat, soon taxes), buit nothing else. I'd imagine something similar - basically think of a levelling guild with no leaders, no tax, no bank etc?

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 12:10:40 PM »
so lots of chopping around of the stuff people actually like (T1 & T2 area stuff) whilst doing nothing to fix what is actually broken.  T4

i repeat......

WHILST DOING NOTHING TO FIX WHAT IS ACTUALLY BROKEN.......T4

Spleen vented.....normality resumes  :P
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 12:13:18 PM by Macrune »
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Games dead to EA then?
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 08:31:11 PM »
Warhammer Online Effectively Dead In the Water?
November 9th, 2009 at 3:33 pm - Word of mouth has 80 people being laid off from EA Mythic today. The information started coming out on Friday, and folks officially got the axe today.

However, no word out of EA headquarters on what this means. Our insiders tell us that EA corporate may be laying off up to 1000 people worldwide, and that the Mythic properties themselves are going into “maintenance mode”. Seeing as most of the folks laid off were in the creative departments at Mythic, this makes sense — you can’t be producing a new expansion or writing new content if all of your writers are gone.

Word of mouth continues to say that most of the ex-Mythic folks are trying for positions over at Bioware, another EA property, with their unnamed MMO project. Good luck to them, I say. Bioware has a dedication toward deep content, at least. Let’s hope that this translates to more content job openings.

Warhammer Online: Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer's Letter
4:54 AM - Jube - 0 Comments
With this week's layoffs at Mythic, it was only a matter of time before we saw some sort of status report on Mythic's currently running MMOs. Today Executive Producer Jeff Hickman provides us with a little insight.
Of course, we won't be hearing any of the real juice for a while, as most of the people laid off have applied to work at BioWare, and the last thing they want to do is burn their EA bridges. Although the letter states that they will continue to support the Mythic titles, there is no mention of a WAR expansion. Here's Hickman's producer letter in its entirety.

Hello everyone,

With all that is going on within Mythic Entertainment and EA, I would like to take a moment to reinforce the studio’s dedication to both our games and our players. At Mythic, we remain committed to our games and the passionate people who play them – we’re going to continue to deliver the content and service that keeps you playing. We want to assure our community that we will maintain the same high level of customer support you’ve come to expect and continue to improve our games with an exciting schedule of patches, live events and new content.

At Mythic, we are the torchbearer of three great gaming franchises that we love and nurture:

Ultima Online is the granddaddy of MMORPG’s and it’s still going strong after 12 years. Thanks to the release of our 8th expansion, there are now more players exploring Britannia than we’ve seen in quite some time. We have a passionate and committed team working on UO, and they have some really interesting plans for the future. Stay tuned!

Dark Age of Camelot is over 8 years old and the Realm vs. Realm action keeps getting better. The development team loves what they do and never forget that DAoC was the first true MMO love for many of you (and for many of us!). They are dedicated to providing continued updates and support for this great game so the fighting in the Frontiers will never end.

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning has had a solid first year despite some issues that we’re working to address every day. We’ve seen a great response to 1.3.2, which introduced tremendous performance improvements. A flood of new players are discovering the game every day thanks to the recently released Endless Trial and New User Journey. Moving forward we remain committed to releasing more great patches, continued performance improvements, and changes based upon your valuable feedback!
We want to thank you again for your continued commitment to our games. In return, we remain committed to providing you with the best possible gaming experiences and customer support both now and in the future. Be sure to keep an eye open for more information about upcoming patches and the exciting plans we have in store for your favorite MMORPGs.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 08:32:20 PM »
Roll on everlasting t1 fun times.  Hopefully it#ll be ont he same server as the guild we have at mo, if it is, i'll resub and invite all you trial folks if they let that happen :D

Then cancel sub and get a trial myself.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 12:55:10 AM »
started a trial you can pick whatever server you want :)