Author Topic: Anyone ever play Planetside?  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Anyone ever play Planetside?
« on: July 26, 2009, 07:12:24 PM »
http://planetside.station.sony.com/

An SOE (I know, I know) game, a great MMOFPS back in the day.  Its currently doing 45 days free play for former subscribers (not sure if it counts for ex-reserves players though), and will also be merging the now dead eu server with the us server - finally giving the game a good playerbase for what it brings to the table, lots of shooty battles :D

Ive played it on and off for a few years and everytime its fun. From base assaults, to aerial combat to big fucking robots to making minefields and planting viruses in your enemies bases, its a damn good game that (surprise!) has been left to rot by SOE.

Did anyone else ever play it?

Interesting tidbit, its one of two MMO's Ive played where I didnt "lead" a group of people, I was actually a regular joe when I played seriously.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ever play Planetside?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 07:19:58 PM »
I played it for a bit when you badgered me to try it out :P

Might DL and have a look.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:55:17 PM »
Looks interesting, but having to split time between 2 games is about the max i can handle.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 10:40:27 AM »
I got the same email this morning - never actually subbed to Planetside but I remember been pursuded to give it a try a few years ;)

Might give it a try again - 30 days for free ain't bad.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »
I got the same email this morning - never actually subbed to Planetside but I remember been pursuded to give it a try a few years ;)

Might give it a try again - 30 days for free ain't bad.

Must count for reservists then too as Im sure I got you to try it under that program :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."