Author Topic: Politics Thread - What does the future hold?  (Read 17561 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Politics Thread - What does the future hold?
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 11:16:27 PM »
Tier 3 BC (they added new battlecruisers - but buffed most everything else subcap too) is the mainstay of a night I am hosting in January :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »
And Delve - and eventually the South most likely - is on fire again...

After a generally boring spring where the most notable sov shifts were former drone regioners moving out as Russian Civil War and AAA-RA conflict consequences shook out, war has returned to New Eden!

First, let's set up the players with some background of what they were doing over the course of the spring.

ClusterBadgers: Consisting of TEST, PL, Goons, and all their assorted pets. TEST's last major action had been a failed Vale of the Silent and Geminate campaign while the rest of the CFC was steamrolling Branch and Tenal. PL did a brief sov grind in the russian civil war to fulfill a contract, and after that they got kills more frequently in BF3 than EvE. So while the goons, having blued most of the former NC, and worked out NIPs with the rest of the northern residents to protect their ISK printing moons, turned their eyes on highsec for their next victims, PL and TEST still wanted some good nullsec action.

SoCo: The AAA-RA war ended firmly on the side of the former. Looking around the Sov map for what would likely come next, AAA decided to install RA in Delve as a barrier of sorts between them and TEST. The current residents at that point were Nulli Secunda and Vera Cruz, neither of whom took too kindly to that, so there was some decent action between the two of them, despite them both ostensibly being below AAA on the same ladder.

TEST decided they'd try to get some fights in Delve, since they were blue to everybody in the other direction and their last cross-galaxy deployment didn't end well. RA, Nulli, and Vera Cruz, perhaps overreacted to that, and all teamed up to fight against TEST, who rightly brought PL along for the Ride. Many good fights were had for a decent amount of time, with results going both ways and not much territory changing hands.

As fleet comps gradually escalated, Nulli brought in standalone alliance Black Legion to execute a trap, managing to take out a PL titan. The "Honeybadgers" (as PL and TEST like to be called) took this as a more permanent escalation, and started to have their supers and tons of caps on standby for nearly every op. Nulli and friends seemed to have intended it as more of a one time thing, and weren't prepared to deal with that. They started avoiding fights, and calling in AAA and others on a more regular basis. With that, and the Goons once again itching for a fight, the stage was set. Now, it's everyone from Fountain to Tenal against everyone from Delve to Detorid, with the possibility of SOLAR (probably the most competent overall sov-holding alliance) coming in on the side of the SoCo.

As always, with a great war comes great propoganda, and this is the best of them yet:

Delve 2012

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »
The Mittani.

Early hours on 6/25:
"You have three days to prepare. We - and 'We' means 'Everyone' - are going to Delve, and it will burn. No mercy, no respite, no 'freeports', just brutal conquest - conquest which will not stop until this threat to our bloc is extinguished. If that means that we must set all of Catch on fire to remind this ex-NC, ex-IT, ex-BoB...their proper place in the universe, so be it. "

Afternoon:
"WAR, WAR IS UPON US: Solar Fleet and Gypsy Band have now announced their deployment to Delve. Raidendot and Initiativedot have joined the fray. Nulli, -A-, and the entirety of the eastern galaxy are now forming in order to push into Delve; we are on the verge of the first true East vs West conflict in EVE history."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog