Author Topic: Class changes in 4.01  (Read 8348 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Class changes in 4.01
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 09:51:36 AM »
The new class-combos (human hunter etc) will become available with patch 4.03, which apparently will go live sometime in the second half of November.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 09:01:26 AM »
Damn these bloody changes.

For the Third time in a year ive had to sit down for several hours with my eldest helping him sort out his talent tree's on his characters. This change has really snuffed things up.
3.5 hrs to peruse the Inet looking for updates and advice then re-doing the talent tree's on his rogue , warlock , hunter and DK.

mumble mumble  >:(
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 10:01:35 AM »
That didnt bother me so much, however MUTHAFUCKUNG UI!!!! (im still fixing it...!)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 10:11:38 AM »
3.5 hrs to peruse the Inet looking for updates and advice then re-doing the talent tree's on his rogue , warlock , hunter and DK.

I have five level 80s with two specs each. So far I've sorted out one of them, putting me at an over-achiever's 0.5 out of 5.

Although in the interests of full disclosure I suppose I should add that I did sort out the spec of a level 11 paladin I have on Turalyon.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 10:36:25 AM »
I only sorted my paladin and warrior so far. The other 8 classes will have to wait...
Seriously hated the holy rogue thing they did to pallies at first, but it looks like they either stealth buffed them over night or i just started getting used to the new stuff.  :-[

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 10:44:17 AM »
I got all talents and glyphs only for my level 31 warlock alt. All my other toons still missing most things. Of my level 80 toons only the druid has half of the talents set (the dual-spec I didn't touch yet,  have to find time to check out what a boomkin now should spec like) and still missing a couple glyphs although I did place bids in the AH for the missing glyphs...

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 11:18:25 AM »
I only sorted my paladin and warrior so far. The other 8 classes will have to wait...
Seriously hated the holy rogue thing they did to pallies at first, but it looks like they either stealth buffed them over night or i just started getting used to the new stuff.  :-[

I've rolled a new pally on a trial account to test the Holy Rogue stuff. Just hit lvl 13. Seems ok. Possible to be extremely survivable against several same level mobs if you get your rotations right and hit Word of Glory at the right time.

Not sure whether I want to resub my account to try it on Kurtt yet. Wouldn't mind seeing it in action with increased Holy Power generation (talking ret here). We'll see.

Offline lonadan

• Friends
  • Lurkers
  • BABYLON 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 01:11:18 PM »
(Guilds get rep now, and you can earn rewards for earning rep with your guild, just like NPC factions. Blatantly ripped off from games like Lotro and WAR, but a good system nonetheless.)

you mean its from eq 1 and 2 lotro and war copyed eq

but it lokks and sounds good

Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 01:39:09 PM »
Have the guild rep been implemented? I got the rep bar on character but i dont seem to be gaining any rep yet.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 01:53:15 PM »
Have the guild rep been implemented? I got the rep bar on character but i dont seem to be gaining any rep yet.

Not yet - Im hoping it goes live just prior to cata, give us a bit of a jump. 

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 02:21:22 PM »
have to find time to check out what a boomkin now should spec like)

I followed a spec Anj and Val put together for Taith. Here if you want it.

I have no idea how good or bad it is, as this is the first time I've ever played Balance*. A place to start though, if you're looking for it.

* There's a sun and a moon beneath my character portrait, and sometimes some of my buttons start glowing and I hit them until they stop, and sometimes "Starfall!" appears above my character but stars don't fall on me. And that's what I know about Balance so far.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »
I think a lot of us are clicking those buttons that start glowing without really knowing why.  :D

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 02:43:52 PM »
Thanks Taith, sounds perfect for me  :)  The Boomkin spec for me have just one purpose: Something with which I can kill furry things which I then can skin. Leveling from 70 to 80 all I did was run instances and BGs as resto, and killing various animals when I logged in at the times nobody else seemed to play (ie early in the morning local time, aka at about 4 to 6 AM GMT :p ). The few quests I did along the road were the ones where I had to deliver something somewhere, were picked up in instances or which I noticed require killing lots of furry things   8)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 03:03:22 PM »
http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#0IfMdRGMkouZ0c:bksqmRmVz

That is the spec I'll use for my boomkin dualspec. I think it would suck if I would be PvPing (got rid of the slowing talents) or leveling  with the spec, but for massed AoE damage I think it will be the thing (killing a couple dozen furry things at a time until mana-bar is empty, then skin the stuff while mana fills up again; skinning all the things should take that 1.5 minutes in all to make Starfall available again for next pull :) ).

Beware furry things of Northrend, Silanthir the Boomkin will be coming for you one of these days! If the result is genocide, don't blame me, I just need your skins!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 03:58:13 PM »
Paging D.E.H.T.A to the frontdesk. Is there a Mr D.E.H.T.A in the building? ;)